The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly songs not on radio7166

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Well I’ve had a bee in my bonnet this morning about covers of Everly songs played on radio so I’ve emailed Tony Blackburn who played Love Herby the Walker bros and put him staight and now I’ve emailed Steve wright and put him straight as well as he’s just played Dream by Bobbi Gentry and Glen Campbell I said He should listen to Let it be me as it’s perfect for Sunday love songs. I’ve also emailed Bill Kenwright and said we are all looking forward to his show on Tuesday evening. Grrrr don’t get me started. Don’t suppose it will make any difference though xx❤️❤️
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Well done Joy. I hope you get some replies and that they take note. However, I have to confess that until recently I thought The Walker Brothers were first with Love Her. I am looking forward to Bill Kenwright’s show very much, I usually listen while I am doing the chores the next morning on the BBC iPlayer. I can’t help singing along to all the old songs that were part of my teenage years and I find what he has to say about each song very interesting. I wish it was on every week but he is a very busy man with lots of irons in the fire.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Oh jane. It was the flip side of The Girl Sang the Blues In October 1963. Think the walkers did it a year later. Phil and Dons version is beautifully breathtaking.
Some good news Mike Sweeney on radio manchester has played the Price of Love this lunchtime. Had to stop and have another bop. It’s a good way to keep fit ha ha xx❤️❤️
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I just love Everlys singing 'Love Her' It gets me every time.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Gerry private msg quote post Address this user
For my wife and I "Love her" by Don & Phil is very, very special because it was the start of our love way back in 1963 and until to-day, since January 1965, we are (happily) married. We have 2 children (a boy age 51 and a daughter of 46) en 3 grandchildren (24 - 18 and 15)!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I adore "Love Her".
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Me too, one of my favorites.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
44985 7 7
destitute