The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

I haven’t heard this one before, hope you like it. Sorry you have to click on number 40 on the list.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jane,

Thanks for your great research work, as usual. In my humble opinion, 1966, 1967, was not the best time for The EB. Alas, the 'Flowers' (Terry Slater)song was a kind of Mama's and The Papa's, Cowsills, psychedelic, trendy, going to San Francisco with flowers in her hair, groovy, baby, flowery VW vans and, I guess, they were trying to be part of that latest trend at the time, but this LP did not sell well even with EB fans from the earlier days. It was a decade from their first hit in 1957. One critic panned an overweight Elvis and his Las Vegas act, karate kicks and moves on-stage, white fringed jump suit, etc. The Beatles had a decade. The Stones had a decade. The lucky few make a fortune and move on and live happily ever after.

Best, Craig
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I do like this sound Craig but probably because I associate it with very happy memories - my sons were born in 1966 and 1968. It was a period wen they were trying to get in the charts so following the trends, whether this was a good idea or not is debatable but don’t forget their attempt to follow the trend for underground music brought us Lord Of The Manor And I know you and I just love it. Thanks for your input Craig, always interesting to read.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your kind reply, as always, Jane and very, very glad that you had your fine sons in 1966 and 1968 and, true, every minute of every year of life always has some happiness to it, as well as 'challenges', and our emotional outlook in '57,'67, 2007, etc., elicits what we feel about the music of those times and, yes, like you, I have liked some catchy tunes from all times, pop, classical, whatever, e.g., 'Lord of the Manor'.....way past 1957, but there I was sitting in The Bitter End in NYC mesmerized as there were Don & Phil fifty feet away singing that haunting, beautiful, sad song as only they can do. Their harmony is the best of any duo anytime, anywhere in my humble opinion.

Best, Craig
Post 4 • IP   flag post
There will never be a sound that comes anywhere near it, I never get tired of listening to their music.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
44985 5 5
destitute