Helena private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful. Phil sang from the heart.

Thank you Rosie xxx
Post 3 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Always always always Rosie
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
I love everything that Phil did but this is truly beautiful along with his version of Let It Be Me. It may sound childish but I get annoyed every time I hear the Hollies version. Phil should have had a huge hit with it but so many people are unaware of his recording so unjust xx❤️❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb,I so agree with your anger; Phil should had the hit with this beautiful song but as Allen Clarke said, he could see it as a hit a million miles away and had to go for it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching a show on TV about the Hollies recently, who, incidently, haven't broken up, although going through several line up changes since they formed, and although very talented....Phil's version SHOULD have been a worldwide hit, but that's one of life's imponderables, if only he could have been persuaded to release it first.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
good song Phil sang it well
peter
Post 8 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Liz, it was released first; it just wasn't prompted at all. And of course, the guy who wrote the song (who's name is no the tip of my tongue)also released his version to make matters worse😖
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

You're right Mike, here's what Wikipedia has about it. If you go to the cover versions, Phil's is listed there.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Albert Hammond mike I think wrote it xx❤️❤️
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
So beautiful, the best that Phil ever did. Criminal that it wasn't a hit for him.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
I watched The Hollies sing this number on U Tube yesterday. It really only sounds good when Allan Clarke is joined by the rest of the band in the chorus. Phil had a better voice than Allan. Imagine how it would have sounded with both Phil and Don singing it together. They would have got a standing ovation in concert.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I just love Phil singing it and don’t think it can be bettered. His voice is so pure and suits the song xx❤️❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Your right. Phil had one of the best voices America ever produced. I often feel sad when I hear him sing. I wish he was still with us. Not only did he have a beautiful voice, he was a nice person with it. Often the two don't go hand in hand.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice sentiments everybody, I agree with you all. My mind goes back to my friend Lynda, RIP dear friend, who wrote to me very excitedly about the song saying it was going to be a big hit. She was a huge Phil fan, bless her. Those were the days when people used to communicate by letter, neither of us even had a telephone in the house as we were both stay at home Mums and telephones were considered a luxury. We were both so disappointed when The Hollies got the hit.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Phil's version just pulls you into the song with him, the emotion is totally different from Phil than the Hollies. Phil had the most pure unique voice in the world. I love the Everly Brothers but I also love Phil's solo work too and I wish he could have done maybe one solo album every now and again. But that is just me who wanted it all!!! The Reunion, more Everlys and more Phil
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
So true Chris, I agree wholeheartedly.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
44985 18 18
destitute