The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I was trying to find the interview with Don where the talks about listening to Prairie Home Companion and came across this great interview with Albert.

clickable text
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
That's a good interview, thanks for finding it Jane.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jane a really good read xx🎸🎸
Post 3 • IP   flag post
jilledgar private msg quote post Address this user
I can't see it! Is there a special link I need to click?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Jane. Will catch up on it later- child minding today!
Been fun !!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilledgar
I can't see it! Is there a special link I need to click?

The link is ‘clickable text’
Post 6 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Aw, I love Albert Lee...he's a star. He played our local hall with his band... eight, ten, 12 years ago??? I wish he would come back!!
He played a couple of EB songs, homage to the guys!!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I love Albert too. We are hoping to go to Santa Monica next year, hope we bump into him.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Please pray for Northern California. I have a sister, niece and her daughter living in Sonoma, and Petaluma.. they are so vulnerable, the fires are all around them. They are packed and ready to evacuate. They can hardly breath and everywhere there is ash which gets in the eyes ... it is terrifying. I am so sad. Its such a beautiful place, reduced to ashes. Our poor poor planet.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
It is heartbreaking to see Sally. I pray your family will be safe.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Sally, we just saw the horrible pictures of the disaster on TV, it looked like hell!
Of course we're praying for your family and all the other affected people to overcome this devastating catastrophe.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Thank you thank you please please pray for them all... thank you
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Oh just been watching the news and the awful fires are still raging in California The whole area looks devastated. I hope your sister and her family are safe Sally. It must be so frightening for everyone. Some dreadful things are still happening xx❤️❤️
Post 13 • IP   flag post
It is horrendous and devastating for all those affected. I hope your family are safe Sally. ❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
The news is so frightening. They seem safe so far, but it is right in their back yard so to speak.. luckily the internet allows easy access to information. I havent been near my laptop for a couple of days, so am catching up.. so no fresh news.. but I am so grateful to you all.. this site really is a friendship pool.. thank you xxx
Post 15 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Sally, I have just come back from San Francisco, my son now lives 20 miles away from where the fires were. Every morning, evening and night we watched the news, press conferences and shocking scenes. They were uncontainable for so many days and just grew and grew and 3/4 joined together to make a huge one. The winds on 2 days were 40+ miles an hour and it made the fires spread. Firemen were working for 48 hours non stop, they got all the firemen out of prison to help and some from the Mid West came too. Also New Zealand and Australian fire fighters. It was such a huge task. One day they were asked to leave within minutes and then a whole area would be gone. It went on and on like this time and time again. Losing schools and moving the injured from one hospital to another. Wine merchants/farms just went, the price of that happening to California will affect the area for years to come. They not only lose their homes but their jobs too. When I left 136,000 homes had been burned to the ground it was heart breaking to see it. Those taking to the microphones on tv i.e. firemen, sherrif, government representative etc. had lost their homes too but they still had a job to do to help the community.
One couple who could not get down the road because of burning trees jumped into their pool to get away from the fire but the wife died from smoke inhalation and her husband held her in the water until she passed away, he wasn't good but he survived because someone else got help to him. My son's partner who is from the US knows of 4 friends whose homes have totally gone. Two more friends were ready to be evacuated but the wind changed direction and they were saved. For several days the fires were not under control at all, then just 2% or 5% for a few more days. The sky where we were in central San Franciso was bad with the fires for 2 days due to wind direction so children had to stay indoors and the elderly. My son said last night that they are getting them under control more now BUT new fires have started south of them. The others were North bay. 40 had lost their lives when we left but he said that they are finding more in the ashes of the homes now that they can get back to look. It shocked me to see and hear it each day and I do wonder how so many can be housed now and more homes will have been lost since I came home.
Sally if I can be of any help with communication because I know all the masts are down and they are trying hard to sort that out. I can get some help from my son if needed I am sure he would help out. Just let me know.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
This is a link to check on the fires:

For updates on the North Bay Fires:
http://www.sfchronicle.com/
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Dear Chris,
I can't thank you enough. I have been logging on the Chronicle website (I worked there as a temp in 1969!!) but first hand reportage from you makes it somehow more real.. you should be a reporter!!
I was terribly upset by it all.. as you say not just for people which is horrible but for that beautiful area. I know Sonoma town well and Sonoma County pretty well. Santa Rosa is the home of snoopy and co and I have been to the museum several times and flown out of the Charles Schulz airport. So it was like it was in my back yard. My family are not good communicators but I have heard from my niece and her daughter through emails and FB. My sister lives in a trailer park so you can imagine how vulnerable she is. But she went to stay with her daughter in Petaluma.. they really don't keep in touch but that may be as you say because lines are down and also because they will be doing what they can in the relief effort. At one point my sister's area had a huge fire very close but no idea in terms of miles.. its the little details..anyway there seems to be some respite for them at the moment with rain forecast. Thanks again.. any details help, just to keep CA in prayers and try not to worry is all I can do..bless you xxxxPS I hope you had a wonderful time in The City.. I love it!! and that you made the most of your family time..xxx
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Oh chris how awful. Such dreadful times for those people xx❤️❤️
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Sally I did have a wonderful time it was fantastic to see them in person not just on a screen. Saying goodbye was more difficult

My son says that it rained heavily last night and that helped with the fires greatly and that the air smells cleaner and fresher today.

I hope you get some news from your sister soon. I am thinking of you all, take care.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Ah lovely ... but the saying goodbye is horrible..I am so grateful to you for your posts!! and thrilled they have had rain..I wonder did it rain in Sonoma?? It never does, it is so dry there.. and of course when it does the earth is so dry the rain just runs off the surface.But its wonderful news that the air is improving.
I will get on to FB today and check in with my great niece ... she is a better communicator!!]
You take care too
Post 21 • IP   flag post
45293 21 21
destitute