The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Post 1 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
So sad , just hearing the news breaking here.
Another left us & so young.
Very sad.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/AP9nassRt2Y

RIP Tom Petty
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad to hear of another one leaving us who we got to know even more with all his connections in music.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
What sad news. Another very talented musician and member of The Travelling Wilburys has left us. Thank you for the music Tom. ❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
CBS & Rolling Stone have updated the above post saying LAPD hasn't confirmed the sad news.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Update:

clickable text

http://uproxx.com/music/tom-pettys-daughter-slams-rolling-stone-annakim-violette-slams/

Always useful to cite sources!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
So sad to hear of the passing of Tom Petty he was a great musician and also a fan of Don and Phil. Too young at 66 RIP xx❤️❤️
Post 8 • IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
What has been rumor at first has finally come a sad fact:

RIP Tom Petty
Post 9 • IP   flag post
This illustrates another of the aspects of today’s society that I hate - to go to any lengths to be the first to break news without considering anything else, e.g. propriety and the feelings of those involved. From what I can gather Tom was on life support and the family wanted him taken off life support but obviously needed time for his nearest and dearest to get to the hospital.

If anybody thinks I am over-reacting watch the film Night Crawler starring Jake Gyllenhall. I’ll get off my soap box now.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it is OK with everyone that I post this link. I always loved this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I love it Millie. I have the cd with that song on. I did hear a rumour that Phil might have joined the wilberys but I don’t know how true it was. Thanks for posting xx❤️❤️
Post 12 • IP   flag post
I love the Wilburys too - talented musicians and lovely people all together in one group; Phil would have been a great fit wouldn’t he? Lovely to see George Harrison who was my favourite Beatle. ❤️

I first heard Tom Petty about 15 years ago when we were in Florida and immediately went out and bought one of his CDs. I thought he may have been a member of the Petty racing family but he came from a less privileged background. I read somewhere that he was offered a recording contract at the age of fourteen.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Ah jane we have similar taste George was my favourite Beatle too quiet unassuming highly talented good looking and not really acclaimed for his talent. Just like Phil. Xx❤️❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
45293 14 14
destitute