The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Walk Right Back - the musical7116

Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
The show is touring next May and June - see dates below.

clickable text

I am trying to find out if it is a story rather than just a tribute show before I book tickets.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
Jane, I've been tracking this show for months, even emailing the promoters as to when it's coming up to Scotland ( no luck there so far, Stockport is the furthest north so far!). I've been assured it will come here, but am hopeful it will be in June or July. Here's the trailer for it from YouTube, it seems that it will be a story, rather than a tribute act.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Oops, just looked at their site, it refers to them playing at an EBI concert in the Netherlands....
I know that that might affect whether or not folks want to see it? So maybe I'll change my mind about it, but it could be worth seeing.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I don’t think that will affect whether I see it or not Liz. I don’t suppose they are in a position to pick and choose who they work for. I don’t think there are any reviews of the show yet. The tickets aren’t hugely expensive so I may take a leap of faith and book tickets later.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you jane for information on Walk Right Back stage show. I hope to go to the one at Stockport as that nearest to me but Liz would Preston be a bit nearer to you. Don’t know if the theatre has changed but I saw Don an Phil there at theGuild Hall and it was a really nice venue from memory the stage is quite low and I had front row seats I could have almost touched them. Xx ❤️❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
I have been looking to see if they were coming to Scotland also.
I really hope they do as I would love to see them & see what they are like.
I just yearn for some live Everly Music..
No one will ever be like Don & Phil but just to have an evening of their music would be heaven to me.

xxx
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Joy, i could go to Preston, as I am familiar with the area. My late mother in law lived just a few miles from Preston, and would pick us up from the station there. However, the lady I have been in touch with at the promoters says that it will come to Scotland, so I'm waiting for dates here.
Lizzie, if it comes to Scotland, how about we actually meet up, and make a night of it?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea Liz..
If it comes to Edinburgh there may be 3 other friends who would like to gatecrash!!
It would be great if it came up this far also- we have a lovely theatre here in Arbroath..
Even if they did come to town we could still meet up & go together in Edinburgh..
We'll see what happens..
xx
Post 8 • IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all

I've heard loads of Everly acts (non even close to Don & Phil) but the blend on these two voices and the backing is superb, probably a recording studio recording but they did sound really good and if they are ever coming to the North East with "Walk Right Back" or any other ensemble please let me know as I will defo go see them

Look forward to hearing from who ever

Regards Kevin
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Kevin, is Whitley Bay on May 24th any good for you?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I hope the show does go to Scotland for you Liz and Lizzie. Perhaps they are monitoring bookings at the confirmed venues before planning any more.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I've enquired at the Festival Theatre, the Kings Theatre, and the Playhouse Theatre in Edinburgh, which are all big enough to hold a musical ( Playhouse routinely holds touring shows, like Mamma Mia etc), but none are aware of any potential dates for this show.
I'm particularly interested in this show, as it seems to have real potential, and the two young men are at least brothers, as Don and Phil were....and of course, as i never got to see Don and Phil live, this may be my substitute "Everly type" experience....or i can be put down as a sad old lady, who has nothing else to do with her days!!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
45158 12 12
destitute