The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Bryn Haworth singing-Woman Friend-Don Backin7102

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Don is singing backing vocals on this song.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard this before.
How on earth did you come upon this one Chris. Great find.
You can just make out Don's backing vocals here ..
I searched Bryn Howarth & we both have something in common-
We both worked in a Paper Mill at one time!!! Almost 45 years ago now for me..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I have known about this song for a good while, I had just left it in my files and forgot that I had not looked for it. I knew the artist and it was easy to find. I have no idea why I had left it for so long to find.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting Chris. I am going to google him because it sounds very much as if Gerry Rafferty might have had a hand in this record.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Apparently he has worked with many artists including five of Gerry Rafferty's albums. The influence is definitely there in this song.

From Wikipedia:
Haworth has recorded with a number of well known musicians including Chris de Burgh, Joan Armatrading, Ian Matthews and Gerry Rafferty (on five of his albums, but notably on On a Wing and a Prayer, Over My Head and Another World). He has also toured as part of the band with Cliff Richard.

From Wikipedia:

Haworth has recorded with a number of well known musicians including Chris de Burgh, Joan Armatrading, Ian Matthews and Gerry Rafferty (on five of his albums, but notably on On a Wing and a Prayer, Over My Head and Another World). He has also toured as part of the band with Cliff Richard.

Thank you for reminding me how much I like Gerry Rafferty Chris. I'm off to listen to some of his music right now.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I have just one vinyl of Gerry Rafferty but I think it is the most notable one he has done.

Thank you for checking out all that information Jane.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I always loved Baker Street but started listening to more of his music after I saw a documentary of his life which was blighted by alcoholism. Whatever's Written In Your Heart is my saying goodbye to the world song, it always makes me cry. 💔
Post 7 • IP   flag post
45158 7 7
destitute