The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Morten Harket live with Terry Wogan7101

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
A nice interview with Morten (A-ha) and he sings "Let it be me" also he is playing the guitar which Phil gave to him which he mentions in the interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01wyzh0
Post 1 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
THANS CHRIS
Post 2 • IP   flag post

Morten Harket with his guitar which Phil gave him.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chris. Good to hear. There is o YouTube somewhere which I have previously posted a clip of Morten Hacket singing Let it be me and dedicating it to Phil just after his passing. I'll have to find it again Nice to hear Terry as well xx ❤️❤️
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
From Aha's Facebook page after Phil's passing:

A-ha
4 January 2014 ·
"…i’ll do my crying in the rain.

the world of music has lost one of its signature voices.
phil everly has passed away.

from the musical legacy of the everly brothers we knew growing up in norway, to the personal encounters with phil and don around the world many years later…

from the beautiful guitars they generously gave us for xmas one year in the late 80s, to ‘crying in the rain’ – the song we recorded as a tribute to them, but which became a hit for us too, thus reminding us with every show we subsequently played…

whilst musical generations apart, the everly brothers and a-ha somehow became serendipitously intertwined."

Read a message from a-ha on the passing of Phil Everly on a-ha.com: http://a-ha.com/news/articles/serendipitously-intertwined/
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

This article was originally in Norwegian so the translation is rather strange in places.

The link doesn't work I'm afraid. Here is another try:

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/a-ha/a-ha-soerger-over-phil-everlys-doed/a/10149293/

The second link works but it comes up in Norwegian. If you have Chrome you can translate it, if not, sorry!

I have copied the translation which is very strange in places but the sentiment is nice:

A-ha boys Magne Furuholmen, Morten Harket and Paul Waaktar take care of his friend Phil Everly.
This case is about:

to have
One half of the legendary band Everly Brothers, who died night to Saturday.

"We were lucky enough in our lives to know Phil Everly a little and we hope some of his dry humor and generosity are infected with all of us. His sweet voice will be badly missed.

It writes a-ha on its websites Saturday afternoon.

Everly tribute begins with the text line "I'll do my crying in the rain" known from the song with almost the same name.

A-ha even got a big hit with the Everly Brothers song "Crying in the Rain" in 1990, the song was 11 weeks on the VG list and reached the top.

The band writes that their thoughts go to Everlight's closest family, and they want to remind the musician with pleasure.

"A big branch has fallen, but together, or apart, Everly Brothers has contributed to music that continues to inspire and fascinate new generations of music lovers around the world.

The family is broken

Phil Everly was 74 years old . According to the artist's wife Patti, the man died of a pulmonary disease that was the result of a life with cigarette smoking.

"He fought hard and for a long time. We are completely broken, "Patti Everly told the Los Angeles Times newspaper .

On an a-ha fanside , an excerpt from an interview with Magne Furuholmen from 2010 has been published.

- Our manager Terry Slater played bass in Everly Brothers in the 1960s and was close friend of Phil Everly. He was also the manager of them at their comeback at Royal Albert Hall in 1984, where we met Everly Brothers for the first time, Furuholmen said to the fans side at the time.

The Christmas after, in 1985, Phil Everly gave a gift a-ha boys really appreciated:

DIE OF DAY: Phil Everly was 74 years old. Photo: Wenn.com
DIE OF DAY: Phil Everly was 74 years old. Photo: Wenn.com
- He gave us each our Everly Brothers guitar that was made of the same tree! Like big Beatles fans who had grown up with and knew how influential Everly Brothers had been for the early Beatles sound, we thought it might be a nice gesture to covre one of their hits, Magne Furuholmen told an interview in 2010.

During his closing event in Oslo, December 4, 2010, the a-ha Everly Brothers song "Bowling Green" played in honor of his manager Terry Slater, who co-wrote the song in 1967.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Thank you Jane a very nice and touching article xx❤️❤️
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Thanks for all that Jane. Joy this is the clip you were speaking of - "Let it be me" by Morten Harket

Post 8 • IP   flag post
Thanks Chris but I pipped you to the post and found it and posted it. Good we all like the same stuff xx ❤️❤️
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
A very nice tribute to Phil.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
44646 10 10
destitute