The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everlys live in Boston 19947076

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 • IP   flag post
This concert is filmed so up close and personal, a good one to watch, they give a lot of themselves in this one.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry Chris, I'm not able to see this one...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Liz I am sorry to say it has been pulled off youtube listing as private, my theory is that more third party users than is allowed. I had watched it 3 times and I enjoyed it. Luckily I had sent it to a couple of friends too and they had watched it

Maybe one day I will see it again, at least I know it is there somewhere.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
teddyboyle private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, can't believe this posting had so few viewings before it disappeared off YouTube. Luckily, I did see it.
I've never seen Don so animated before, he seemed to be really up for this one. One of their better attempts at 'So sad', (For me, they never seemed to match the recorded version in their live performances, mainly because the new arrangement wasn't as good as the original, in my opinion.)
Don't know what their relationship was like at this point, but to me, it was noticeable that Phil seemed to be mainly turned away from Don, rather than watching him intently in the way that we are familiar with.
Great to see the extended Don intro to 'Wake up little Susie'.
Can anyone tell me if this is borrowed from a 'Who' song?
Also, are there any guitarists out there who could tell me the chords to the extended intro?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I am pleased you got to see the Boston concert too Teddy, I was very disappointed when it just went.

It had a lot of energy, Phil doing a couple of twirls and both giving those guitars a good work-out!!

With it being recorded on an handheld recorder I can only hope that this person who uploaded it will do so again after maybe a spell of 3 months absence. I will keep looking for it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
What a pleasure to tell you that this concert from Boston is working again, it seemed a glitch but for everyone who did not see it, please watch it now in case it goes again!! Up close with an audience video camera. We will take whatever we can get

Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Something else to occupy me when Hubby is at his Christmas ‘do’, thank you Chris. Teddyboyle if you want to know anything about chords etc send a message to Ricardo and ask him to add it to this thread. He is the one who will know. I am a big fan of The Who so will listen to Wake Up Little Susie intro with interest.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I am intrigued by the venue, it seems quite small and there is a lot of walking about and talking by the audience during the numbers. I saw them a year previously in Birmingham, England at the NEC which is a big venue, it was a full house and the audience didn’t talk during the numbers, just lots of applause and cheering between - such a contrast. I think they closed with T For Texas then too.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I have the thought it is an outdoor venue. What do you think Jane?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
At first I thought it was a small indoor venue Chris, it seemed quite dark, then there was a strange shot of people in trees in daylight and at the end some young men without shirts. Perhaps it was a festival of some kind.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
clickable text

The link goes to the second page so you have to click on to the first page for the start of the article.

This is the wrong year, 1985 in fact, but it is about a Sunday afternoon concert at Boston common. I think it is likely that they are there again.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Jane I am not sure that the newspaper article and this 1994 concert is connected. It is Boston. The article is dated as August 3rd 1986 and they mention it is 3 years since the reunion but Phil and Don are older than a concert in 1985/1986. I guess they went to Boston several times Jane because they do look like they are at a 1994 concert.

It is a great piece you found to read, I have had no time to research this concert at all since I found it, I took it as being 1994 from the up-loader on youtube.

Have you checked Everlypedia? I haven't sorry I do not have time I don't finish work until tomorrow.

I didn't plan to come back on site before Christmas due to my commitments but when I saw that the concert was working ok again I had to tell everyone. If you have any spare time at all and can check it out further I would be very grateful Jane. If I have a spare 15 minutes later I will also have a look around.

Albert has white hair here. Phil was so slim in the Chet Atkins and Friends show and their hair is different too.

2 Photos from Chet & Friends show

Post 13 • IP   flag post
Yes the article is about a concert in Boston Common in 1985 but in the 1994 Boston concert you posted Don says it was good to be back there again and it looks like an outdoor venue so I just thought that might be the venue, I realise the article isn’t about that particular concert. I was searching for their concerts in 1994 but Boston wasn’t mentioned so I searched for venues in Boston and found that article.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Chris, Lovely, especially when they rock out. Can't understand so many of the audience wandering around. They should have been watching spellbound.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
I agree Roxy.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
Thank you Chris, Lovely, especially when they rock out. Can't understand so many of the audience wandering around. They should have been watching spellbound.

I couldn’t get over the amount of talking during the numbers, as you say they should have been watching and listening to the magic.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, I've enjoyed the concert. Can you please put the show onto the video gallery, so it's not lost? I can't see it listed now on YouTube...
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Oh yes no problem Liz, I do keep forgetting to do that. It was a difficult little so and so to find in the first place, so please don't go walk about again!! haha
Post 19 • IP   flag post
46269 19 19
destitute