The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Norman's Rare guitars Gibson J1807063

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
. Thought Craig and Ricardo might like this as you both seem very knowledgeable on the the guitars and recordings. It's a rare Everly Brothers Gibson J180 from 1963. Xx❤️🎸❤️
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Joy. Great video, indeed. Beautiful instruments. My guitar experience lasted a couple of months when The Beatles first hit. It had steel strings, instead of nylon and I quickly found out that it was not all that easy to become proficient in learning to play it. Like anything else, you have to practice a lot to become even half-way good. I simply kind of followed the models throughout the years that The EB used, but I certainly defer to Ricardo who knows much more than I do about the details, etc.

Be well, Craig
Post 2 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
This clip is new to me Joy, doesn't the guitar sound fabulous?

There are a few of these 'Norman' videos which are excellent, there are some with Albert Lee, who is always good in these clips, with his knowledge and playing a little sometimes during the clips. I have hardly any knowledge of guitars but I do like to find Ricardo some good links to keep him occupied!!! haha
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Yes it sounds amazing. I've seen a clip of Albert talking and playing at Norman's rare guitars. I think he had a 1947 model !! Comes across as a really quiet genuine and pleasant chap. I had the good fortune to meet him and Phil Cranham after a concert in Harrogate he was really nice xx❤️❤️❤️
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
What a fabulous instrument. Thank you for the video Joy.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
44182 5 5
destitute