The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Ken Bruce, today's Popmaster 3 in 10!7058

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Just heard winning contestant fail miserably to get the names of 3 Everly brothers hits in 10 seconds!! Bye Bye Love was all she could get....hahaha. And there i was, babbling away at the radio, with more than 3...
It'll be available later on iPlayer radio 2 site, will post a link tonight.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Oh well, alas, those poor,little non-Everly Brothers experts ! Whomever, should have really known "Wake Up Little Susie" and "Problems"...but, they haven't studied Everly-ology like the experts on this incredible site. Poor little fools that they are,............. Just kidding, of course, but I'llbet you could have educated Ken Bruce, or anybody else, Liz if you had to. Is his show good, or lust a bunch of noise and commercials....?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I too heard Ken Bruce this morning. When asked for Everly Brothers hits I am ashamed to say I went almost completely blank until after the programme when they all came flowing back. I listen to them every day, how could I forget? It must be an age thing.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Ken Bruce is an Everly fan. Indeed he and Sir Tim Rice were honorary members of the EBI fan club back in the late 70's, early 80's. Can't image that they still are though.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Ah sorry I missed that will try to get it on iplayer. In answer to your question Craig yes I think it's a good show and generally his choice of music is good he also is quite funny and doesn't witter on too much. Also there are no commercialsxx❤️🎸❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Ken Bruce is probably the best regular presenter of a music show on the BBC. The best occasional presenter is Bill Kenwright who is a huge EB fan.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't agree more jane. Looking forward to Bill Kenwright next series. Hopefully there will be one. He would have been great on Sounds of the sixties but would imagine he's very busy. Xx❤️❤️
Post 7 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Good info. So, the Ken Bruce show is a good one and he is knowledgeable. Is sounds
like it is listenable, indeed. Yes, I've heard the name of Bill Kenwright before somewhere,
probably through this site.

Best, Craig
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b090v687#play

Quiz starts from approx 1:00:00 to 1:17 .
Ken is always nice about Don and Phil, and I'm sure he is a fan!!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz I usually listen to Ken Bruce every day, this morning we had drain problems and so I was outside with my husband with the drainage rods and hose pipe, not a nice morning and I missed the show. Thanks for the link Liz
Post 10 • IP   flag post
44956 10 10
destitute