The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
just want to thank you all for your concern -----I am in middle of Texas and not in direct flood. the area of houston and cities or small towns near or by the gulf is in a state of HELL NEVER SEEN SO MUCH RAIN OR DAMAGE. BUT THEY ARE GETTING ALL KINDS OF SUPPORT AND DOING THEIR BEST TO GET ALL OUT. This is the worst I have ever seen,they say this is so bad. people from all over are trying to get these people out to safe ground and also the state of Louisiana is being hit. so it is a mess.

I just am a loss of words over what I have been seen on tv and read.

people have loss all - homes cars - and now homeless.

please pray for south texas. thank you all
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Brendach46 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you are okay Rosie keep safe and everyone else affected by the floods.xx
Post 2 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Rosie, so good to know you are safe. The email addresses I have for you (Hotmail and Verizon)are not responding to my posts so I was getting a little concerned. Stay safe my friend.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi all in Texas it was on tv to night i feel so sorry for all of you i wish i had the money to go over there and help you all please stay safe i have never seen so much rain please keep us all inform of how you are going
peter
Post 4 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Good to hear you're safe Rosie.
Things sure are a mess .
Some of the reports we've seen shows people who have lost everything. So very sad !
Keep safe.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you are safe Rosie, my heart goes out to you all. Keep safe.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Be well, Rosie. Glad you are not in the bad area. This one sets a record, unfortunately.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I am pleased you are in a safe area Rosie, I know many thousands are not so fortunate. Stay safe and well.

News in the UK says it is a once in 2000 years this has happened and they equated it to biblical proportions and that it is still going to rain more on Thursday. So sorry for everyone, it is heart breaking to see it.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
CHRIS THANKS, But is is terrible and gettilng worse. water is being contaminated, lots damage done to various building plants and more is suppose to come i am lucky, but so sad to see all this damage to Texas

can you beleive a hole city is flooded homes,banks gas stations

hard to understan but I can not question GOD - he is in control
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
It is a heartbreaking situation for many people in Texas. I heard on the news that Gas is now rocketing up in price. Now the people of Florida are in for a new hurricane over the weekend. Our thoughts are with all those affected.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, the oil refineries, chemical plants, et al, are now having explosions, sewage discharge, diseases, plus this kind of stuff starts up earthquakes. God is in charge, indeed, and we'll never understand His will nor His timetable, but it all brings about a greater good, even though it sure doesn't seem like it now and things will get worse, in my humble opinion, before 'it's all over.' At the risk of sounding somber and negative, it is always good to "have your affairs in order", have some kind of food and water supply, be debt free, have some cash set aside in an emergency fund, if possible, always have a half-a-tank of gas in the car to get out of town, quickly, if need be, etc. Very odd how that storm just stopped and stayed over Houston for days. Late August and early September is hurricane and storm time 'down there,' anyway and it sometimes works it's way up our east coast. Philadelphia area rarely has any weather trouble, thank goodness, although the beach at Ocean City, NJ 60 miles to the east from here, becomes very dangerous if you go in it this Labor Day weekend for example. The sneaky rip-tides, undercurrents, etc. can pull you down and under and pull one out to sea very quickly. The lifeguards might not even see it happen. They close the beaches sometimes. I almost was a goner once years ago in my stupid younger days. The bathers thought it was fun and exciting re this one particular under-toe and if one, last, huge wave hadn't mercifully pulled me under and tossed me head-over-heels, up to the shore, I wouldn't be typing his now. The lifeguard eventually closed the beach.

Be well, everyone!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
44956 11 11
destitute