The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

At last, BBC radio 2 plays a good EB track7056

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

What i mean is that it's one apart from the usual choice of Bye Bye Love etc.... Which is good, just for a change 😊
Post 1 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Another one I love..
Beautiful harmony & beautiful sound.
Thank you Liz x
Post 2 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I agree Liz it is rare for any radio station to play any other record except the same 6+ songs, as if that is all that the EB's recorded!!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes a great one to hear for a change.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz lovely track. On radio 2 on ken Bruce show this Thursday actor christopher Timothy is picking his favourite tracks one from Don & Phil is one of them. It's on usually just after 11-30 am. Knew I liked him as an actor he was great in All creatures great and small and has a lovely smooth talking voice. Hope you can listen xx❤️❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Liz, thank you. I just love this one, really dreamy. Lovely to hear different songs for a change.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Christopher Timothy has certainly had a long acting career. As you say Joy he was in All Creatures Great And Small and more recently in soaps such as Doctors and currently in East Enders. I will certainly be listening on Thursday; I usually listen to that segment then take our little dog for his daily walk.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Joy, thanks for the tip re Ken's show. I'll be at my voluntary job, but will get it on catch up. I like Ken, he played a dedication for Don's birthday, and has said nice things about the boys' records.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Ken Bruce is fantastic. He was recently on holiday for two weeks and his stand in was absolutely dreadful. Some of his Pop Master questions have been about The Everly Brothers. I hope they don't mess with his programme like they did with Sounds Of The Sixties.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Ken Bruce comes up trumps again. The winner of his quiz had to give three hits by The Everly Brothers to win an extra prize. Unfortunately she could only give one, needless to say I was shouting at the radio, a pity she couldn't hear me. Whoever is responsible for the quiz questions and Ken's play list does our boys proud. Good old BBC.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
44985 10 10
destitute