I love this one from Phil & Cliff.
Just beautiful.
Enjoy.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely, thank you Lizzie. ❤️
Post 2 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
hope your heart is in good shape Lizzie?? xxx I love Phil and Cliff together ... they should have done more recording.. they had a really nice sound. thanks for posting.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Hearts in perfect shape now Sally !! After listening to these guys tonight..
Phil & Cliff have a great sound together here..
I wish both the boys had more duet recordings!
I've listened to these duets over & over tonight..
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to say that it should have been a whole album ( or more!) that Phil and Cliff recorded together. From the clips I've seen on YouTube and the like, they obviously got on well together, and respected each other's talent- and who knows, they could have had more hits together...I love Cliff too, my first purchase was a Cliff cassette, and i once had a poster of him up on the ceiling above my bed!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Liz58
My friend & concert Buddy is a great Cliff fan.
She travelled across the country to see him when he was on tour.
They did seem so good & comfortable together didn't they.
Like you said pity they didn't record more together.
Think more folks may think the same.
xxHave a good weekend..
We have our first farmers street market in town .
It's also a music festival so all the pubs have music- some with local , home grown talent..
Post 6 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
well motor enthusiasts tune their cars... everly fans tune their hearts!! of course xx
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Lizzie, you've set me off down memory lane again. I was still at school when Cliff had his first hit with Move It and when Living Doll was a number one hit our music teacher let me bring the record to her class and she played if for us all.

My two friends and I saw him in the early Larry Parnes concerts a few times. The tickets always went on sale on a Monday morning and my Mum used to go and queue up at the box office for tickets for us. I always used to ask her to get tickets as close to the front as possible. We used to hang around the stage door in the hope of getting Cliff's autograph. Quite a few of the acts used to come out and talk to us but Cliff didn't as he probably would have been mobbed ! Jet Harris spent some time talking to us and went and got us all autographed pictures of Cliff. Jet had some bad press later but he was lovely to us. Those shows were frantic, lots of singers one after the other and the screaming was at fever pitch!

One time we were walking across the car park and a tall dark haired young man came out of the side door. Although we didn't know who he was we ran across to get his auotograph and when we looked it was Gerry Dorsey, who later became Engelbert Humperdinck. Such happy days!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Now that song is really lovely. Thank you for posting Lizzie. I have to be honest, I am not a Cliff fan, but his voice goes so well with Phil's that I will certainly listen to this song a lot. ❤️❤️
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Roxy, do go on to YouTube, and see the Phil and Cliff clips - you'll like them i promise! Cliff's audiences gave Phil thunderous applause and sincere appreciation.
Post 10 • IP   flag post

Roxy, just watch this....Cliff was such a good match for Phil
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Liz thank you so much for posting and drawing to my attention the you tube clips and this latest one. I have mixed feelings about them. Yes I could see that Cliff was delighted and honoured to be singing with Phil and the audience certainly were very welcoming. I miss the "Don" voice though and It might just be the sound on the clips but I felt that Phil's voice got rather lost during the duets. His voice sings out much clearer when he harmonises with his brother. Having said all that, I enjoyed listening to Cliff and Phil and seeing those video clips that I had not seen before, was very interesting. It is always delightful to be introduced to anything Everly and I will listen and watch some more and maybe it will grow on me...I certainly didn't dislike them. 😀❤️❤️❤️
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Roxy, it's ok 👌. It's so difficult to see Phil , or Don, with anyone else than each other, we're just used to seeing them together. I'm glad that you are going to watch the other videos, and hope you like them.
I have to admit that i am biased, as I've been a Cliff fan for a long time, and have come to really appreciate and love Don and Phil as I've got older. I remember being thrilled when She Means Nothing To Me was heading up the charts, and into the top 10-disappointed that it didn't get higher than number 9-how good it would have been if it had got to number 1!!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
If I have said it once, I have said it five hundred times, this track should have been released in 1983 as a single; regardless of the up and coming reunion concert. You can't have enough Everly records in the top-ten. "I'll mend your broken heart" is in my option, the best duo track Phil ever did apart from Don.
Post 14 • IP   flag post

Here's another duet. This time Phil with Nanci Griffith.
I don't intend to take anything away from Nanci , she's a star in her own right.
Just a tad overpowering on this track for me but Phil being the gentleman he was maybe intended it that way ??
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
She does rather drown Phil out. I am not a Cliff fan either, but I'll listen to anything either of the Boys sing.
Post 16 • IP   flag post

One with Phil & Felice Boudleaux..
Rather sweet I thought..
Nice to hear Felice's voice.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Lizzie, well done! What a nice one!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Bumper EB day on Radio 2! 4 tracks played, including Phil and Cliff singing She Means Nothing To Me- there was a drought last week, when 4 days passed without a track being played.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
"I'll mend your broken heart" is a fantastic song from Phil and Cliff and I agree with Mike, why did it not get released. It didn't matter if the Reunion was near, it would still have been a good marketing ploy. "She means nothing to me" is another stunning song, Phil drives it as soon as he starts singing and after he sings "Darling" he drives it at a pace. I love every song they sang together they really did compliment each other.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't see the first video so here it is for others who can't get it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7RCaSOCGN4

It is beautiful. Thank you Lizzie
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@midanno
Oh another excuse to listen to this one..
It's beautiful.
Thanks Millie..
Post 22 • IP   flag post
44956 22 22
destitute