The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

EB Rare Solo Classics CD7044

Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I just listened to my latest acquisition twice. If you don't have it I strongly recommend you get it. It only cost me £2.49 plus postage from Amazon. Stand out tracks for me are:

Phil

Let It Be Me - so full of emotion it brought tears to my eyes
In Your Eyes
Love Angel

Don

So Sad To Watch Good Love Go Bad
Never Like This
Oh What A Feeling

But every track is a real gem. So glad I bought this C D.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad you enjoyed it Jane. It is a wonderful buy. I paid a lot more, but worth every penny. you got an absolute bargain.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
It's a good cd, just for the Phil songs alone, as I've got the Don songs on LP and on a download of his first solo album . I'm taking this cd to play behind the counter at my voluntary job , amongst others, it helps to pass the time 😊
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
It is a good buy Jane I paid around the same for the cd as you have. I love those 3 of Phil's that you have chosen. I initially bought the cd because In Your Eyes is on it but so many other fabulous songs are on it too.😍
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Yes indeed Chris. When I first sat down to listen to it and Phil started singing Let It Be Me I was completely overwhelmed with emotion because it was his favourite song and with his voice, full of feeling and so soulful. In Your Eyes is amazing too.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I'm just listening to this again; I think it will be a daily addiction for a while. Hubby just popped his head around the door when Phil's Lonely Nights was playing and says it is very good and coming from him that is praise indeed as he loves all kinds of music and can be harsh in his criticism. I can still remember his face when Marie Osmond attempted to sing opera at the Donny and Marie show in Las Vegas. 😡

One thing I have noticed is that in Let It Be Me Phil sings the correct words 'each time we meet love I find complete love' whereas Don changed it to 'when I'm with you love I find complete love'. I think the original words are better as it is such a perfect song.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
It is just brilliant Jane I agree. It is my exiting this world song from Phil. Lonely days lonely nights totally love it, fantastic song. I play my cd loads too.😍
Post 7 • IP   flag post
There are only two available on Amazon now: one for £19.75 and the other for £35.25.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Wow that is expensive from what you and I paid Jane.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Wow These prices jumped up!
Just as well I bought mine a while ago.
Love it also..
I need to give it another spin-I keep chopping & changing !!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon UK have 2 on now for sale, a new copy for £12.05 plus £1.26 postage, a bit more reasonable than the ones in Jane's post.
I'm very happy with my copy, although i can't recall what i paid, it wouldn't have been near to £20 mark.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Brendach46 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this cd great to hear Phil sing let it be me on his own.I paid around £8 for it. Thanks for the info everyone.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Brendach46 I guarantee you will play it many times, I think it is wonderful.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
44956 13 13
destitute