The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Different title, same album...7031

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

I thought that there was something familiar about the tracks when i bought the one on the left on Saturday - it was only today when playing it whilst doing the ironing ( boring job, but necessary!), that i realised WHY- i already had the album.Has anyone else on the forum done something similar, or is it just (yet another) senior moment?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Liz,

No, not any 'senior moment' on your part...I've noticed all kinds of "Just Out - Just Released - New" titles affixed to early albums. Same songs, same order of songs, but different / new packaging and "titles"........??

Best wishes, Craig
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Would anyone from the forum like to have the All they had to do was dream copy?( No charge)
I'm going to keep the other one, as i went all the way to Glasgow for it.
Please be aware though that the sleeve on the All..one has several creases to it, but the inner notes/photo is still in it, and it does play fine. Please can anyone interested let me know by email?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I have known about both these albums Liz, but I have neither, "In the Studio" is a hard one to find in any vinyl places, so well done on finding it.

I have an album too where there are alternate versions, forgot which one unless I go and check. I am back I went to check it is The Star Collection.

Post 4 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi liz58 I would like it thanks, Peter Dockett 6 Mitchell court Werribee Vic Melbourne Australia 3030 let me know the cost to send it to me thanks
peter
Post 5 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I have two versions of "Roots" with different titles and several versions of the Reunion with different names. I tend to look at the track listing now as storage is getting a bit tight in my Everly den 😃
Post 6 • IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Certainly not a "senior" problem, but a "merchandizing scam" one...

However, not a bad idea to check out before buying:

https://www.amazon.com/Everly-Brothers/e/B000APBS6A/works/ref=ntt_mus_rp_1?_encoding=UTF8&page=1&pageSize=24&sort=relevance

Post 7 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi Liz can I have it peter Dockett 6 Mitchell court Werribee Vic Melbourne Australia 3030 let me know the cost to send it to me and I will pay for it thanks
peter
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
There are also two versions of Stories We Could Tell. The original was released in 1972 with 12 tracks and reissued in 2003 with 20 tracks - the original 12 tracks plus an additional 8 of the 12 tracks from Pass The Chicken And Listen (also released in 1972).
Post 9 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Probably shuffling songs, cover pix, etc., for the newer fans and, always, the royalties, residuals for the tunes esp. the ones written by Don / Phil themselves. I think Michael Jackson owned The Beatles "package" at one point.worth a fortune $500 mil as a wild guess, now Paul McC. has the "package." Those pennies on the dollar add up. Manager Allen B. Klein (ABKCO Records) would have loved to have gotten the Stones / Beatles 'rights', etc. Jagger wised up to him after awhile and got rid of him and when John L. told him that they had now retained him, Jagger just rolled his eyes and said, "Do yourself a favor, Mate...dump him!"
Post 10 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I love to read your comments Craig.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
43821 11 11
destitute