The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable textclickable textI'm trying to work my way through YouTube for Phil's solo work, and found these, including You Can Bet. If they have been posted before, apologies, but i like them all- Phil had such a beautiful, incomparable voice, sadly stilled now, but lives on in recordings thankfully.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Like Kris Kristofferson "Sunday Morning Coming Down" with a touch of Bob Dylan. Phil can sing anything.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz I really like all Phil's demos and solo work just as you say he had this amazing unique voice. I do love to hear just Phil and his guitar on demos too.

I posted "Shop Girl" on an unusual link a while back did you get the chance to hear it? The only way is through Terry Slater's web page which I attached or if you are lucky to have those expensive box sets. It really is a superb song and Terry is singing with Phil.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, yes i did see the Shop Girl link, thanks for posting it. I would so like to have the box sets, but they are so much money, over £300 just for the later two... It's going to have to wait until either i win on the lottery, or my 1 remaining premium bond obliges instead!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Those box sets are on my wish list Liz, I have an Everly friend who I have met a couple of times and we are in contact by phone and email, we get on very well. When I visited her the first time she had the box sets and the books are sooooo good with all the quality photos, it just makes me want them more!!

Liz, the Scottish Rockabilly Trio "Shakin' Pyramids" sang the song "You Can Bet" for the album "Celts and Cobras" in 1982.

They do not sing it as good as Phil by a long way, it does have a boppy beat to it though.

Post 5 • IP   flag post
44633 5 5
destitute