The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

J Cash Show 5 - The Everly Brothers7026

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
This is the show which contains the visual link I posted a short while back. It is a shame these shows are audio, but we will take whatever we can get, right?

This is the visual of them singing with Melanie and of course Christopher Robin from the same show.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Always remember the great BBC DJ, Johnnie Walker, saying Melanie looks so lovely until she opens her mouth then she sounds like his 80 year old grandmother and I have to say, I kind of agree with him
Post 2 • IP   flag post
outofthebox private msg quote post Address this user
I see shows 1 through 5 are up on youtube, will the rest of the shows be posted?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I have a strong feeling that the other shows will be released.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I have to agree Mike about Melanie. I thought it was just me who thought she is awful.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
It was a strange time for music back then; do you remember "Tiny Tim". He sounded like a cat been tortured 😄 and still got in the top ten.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Haha Mike I remember him well. Melanie's 'voice' was more suited to "I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key.............
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Mike I do remember Tiny Tim 'Tiptoe through the Tulips' You are right there was some weird records got in to the Top Ten.
I agree Chris that song would suit Melanie down to the ground.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe the “granny voice” is due to the video’s bad quality.

“Brand New Key” certainly doesn’t sound over twenty five years old to me:

She was known for her emotional expressiveness. Some compare her timbre to Grace Slick’s [of Jefferson Airplane] and was in totally different league from non-musical clowns like Tiny Tim!

Then I guess she really caught my “ear” with “Look What They’ve Done to My Song” about those days in which creative musicians were fighting the producers and the music industry, and we were all fighting the system:

Tiny Tim would have been mugged at Woodstock and I don’t think anyone over 79 [not even the Stones] could deliver like this:

Does she sound old to you in ‘91?

Post 9 • IP   flag post
Tiny Tim would have been mugged at Woodstock and I don’t think anyone over 79 [not even the Stones] could deliver like this:

Ricardo you have had me laughing so much when I read that!! LOL

I will have to watch your 5 links again.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Ha ha!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
"Silver threads and golden needles" Melanie still shouted in that song!!!

Someone obviously likes her music or she would not be able to have continued in the music business.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Still sounds awful. Sounds like 109 years to me Still it takes all sorts.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
43786 13 13
destitute