The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly Brothers on Ed Sullivan show 60 years7024

midanno private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.rhino.com/article/this-day-in-1957-the-everly-brothers-on-the-ed-sullivan-show

Graig found this article
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Millie and Craig. An interesting read. Was it really that long ago?? I was 7 !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 2 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
I was 10 xxx
Post 3 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi I was 9
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I was on the way-born 1958
Post 5 • IP   flag post
hi liz58 I was born 8,8,1947 time goes too fast
peter
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Oh Liz you're just a babe!!xx❤️❤️
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Wow peter special birthday coming soon. Shall we all party!!xx🎂🍹🍷🍺
Post 8 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Peter you do have a special birthday coming soon like Joy says, I was born in 1951 I had a brother 7 years older and a sister 10 years older we had every Everly 45 and Buddy's and Elvis and some were 78's too, I knew every word and all these records are still in our family. I was entrenched in the 1950's, I was so lucky having older siblings who could afford to buy the records, we played both sides equally because it was hard to find the money to keep buying these songs so we wanted to get our moneys worth out of them!!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday Peter I hope it is filled with love, joy and many happy surprises
I know I'm early but I am going to the Peach music Festival on 8/9 and will probably be running around on 8/8 after work.
I was born in 1955 and like you Chris had an older sibling that bought and played records in the late 50s. The Everly brothers were one of her favorites. She will be 80 this year and she is still going strong. I was blessed
Post 10 • IP   flag post
47 was a very good year Peter... the year of the snow xxx happy birthday ... Igot a wonderful Everly Brother cake for mine!!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
hi all thanks for the kind words I think we are having it at home with family thanks
peter
Post 12 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I wasn't born yet, I'm 39 years old now, so let's see............. Yeah, right! Liar, Liar, hair on fire. I was born in 1943 and was 13 in the Summer of 1957 going into 8th grade in, what was called back then, Jr. High School and all the kids in the neighborhood really liked this Everly Brothers sound. little did i know then that I would become a fanatic and would meet and talk with them some day. They were definitely part of my growing-up, formative years. Ferlin husky, "On the Wings of a Dove," anything by Chuck Berry and parents frowned when Little Richard would scream and "play the piano" with his feet. Then again so did Jerry Lee Lewis. It was Dick Clark's world until The British Invasion when our cousins would send right back to us, this good, ol' rock 'n' roll. The teens screamed at Elvis back at the beginning, then the teens screamed at The Beatles 7 years later. the wild world of pop music. Sad, fore lorn love songs, wild, raunchy rock songs, folksy country ballads, Pat Boone versions of everything and parents liking "that Nelson boy." Ricky, Darin's "Dreamlover," Avalon's "Cupid," Sam Cooke's "Cupid," Beach Boys. British. Folk. Acid rock, heavy metal, grunge, goth, Styx, Queen, the B-52's,............on and on. Don & Phil were the father's of all of it. Decade in, decade out. All except rap. Sorry, that's where I draw the line. I would take anything, the Virginia Reel, a waltz, anything, but rap.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Ah Sally the snow of 1947/48, my younger brother of 2 was born in February 1948 and the snow was waist high and when my mother was in labour my dad took a shovel and cleared the snow to get the midwife and brought her back through a snow clearing, he may have had to deliver my youngest brother if he had not managed to get through the snow. That is why I always remember what year that great snow fall happened.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
thanks all for the kind words
peter
Post 15 • IP   flag post
I have an olderbrother born in Dec 1943 so he too used to buy the records which I then listened to. Although we would fight it was very handy sometimes xx❤️❤️
Post 16 • IP   flag post
thanks all for the kind words and the emails
peter
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Craig you should write a book!! You capture the rush of the music history .. it was very fast moving wasn't it. It seemed it would go on forever the Everly mania and yet it came and went in just ten years .. but it lives for ever with the maniacs!!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Peter. Hope you have a great birthday.

Thanks for the article Craig. Time really does go so quickly but I've enjoyed the ride.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
45224 19 19
destitute