The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought we could post some of our favourite solos by Phil and Don on this thread. I will start with The Words In Your Eyes by Phil.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Did It Rain by Don:

Post 2 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Phil's "January Butterfly"

Post 3 • IP   flag post
Don's "Ticket To Ride"

Post 4 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Phil's The Air that I breathe.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Don's 'Never Like This'
Post 6 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I love Don's solo albums but when I first heard these two songs they did nothing for me. However now, I do think these may be his best solo efforts; love them.
https://youtu.be/2pw3fihdyaY?list=PL64a4wGjFonZvS74FRZcEXN8iwPLNsUXd

https://youtu.be/zkRCEwqN7yE
Post 7 • IP   flag post
The Three Bells by Phil:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UdylrmX0VV0

This song, which Phil sings beautifully, reminds me of my brother. In the early fifties there was a radio programme called Family Favourites at Sunday lunch time and this song was played regularly, not by Phil of course. We used to sing along to the chorus together but his voice was much better than mine as he was a choirboy.
Post 8 • IP   flag post

My Baby, by Don
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I remember when Yesterday Just Passed My Way Again came out as a single in 1976; I had to order it.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Me too, Jane; same for the album. I remember John Peel playing some tracks on his Saturday radio show. John was a massive Everly fan and by that time Don met his "obscurer" requirement class
Post 11 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite songs Don sang alone was written by Tony Colton & Ray Smith, Did It Rain

As always it is hard to pick one. Will I Ever Have A Chance Againis also one I have to mention Something about the sincerity in his voice and willingness to share the feeling.

I love Phil's Our Song
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
. I have quite a few of Phil favourite songs Air that I Breathe and Dare to Dream Again. Are just two of them I like Yesterday Just Passed My Way Again xxx❤️🎸❤️
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I like too many of their songs to have a particular favourite.
However I very much like DON'S solo - Love at Last Sight...
PHIL'S solo - A Woman and a Man... Both together, I am currently playing "That uncertain feeling" (the unreleased one) quite a lot.
I am sorry I cannot post these at the moment... you tube have hidden the url's? so I have a bit of figuring out to do. However to misquote Phil "I will get me two" and post soon.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Oh thanks Millie Our Song is another beautiful favouritexxx❤️❤️
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Roxy I have to agree "A Woman and a Man" by Phil has everything in this song, superb.

Post 16 • IP   flag post
Another favourite I have to hear very frequently

Not only do the lyrics have you thinking, Phil singing it and doing his own harmonising/backup is fabulous. Mark Knopfler on guitar all add up to a marvellous song.

Post 17 • IP   flag post
I just love that song. Thanks so much for posting Chris. Brings a lump to my throat, don't know why.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Oh Roxy, I love That Uncertain Feeling. What unreleased version? If you can find it I would love to hear it.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Hi Midanno, I am unable to post clips etc. from my iPad. I don't know how. WIll try to post for you later today using my desktop PC. I might have better luck with that. I think you would really like the version that I am talking about.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Thanks Roxy
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
Hi Midanno, I am unable to post clips etc. from my iPad. I don't know how. WIll try to post for you later today using my desktop PC. I might have better luck with that. I think you would really like the version that I am talking about.

Hi Roxy. I use an iPad and once you get to know how it is easy. You need to copy the URL of what you want to post on here from the browser bar. Just put your finger on the URL and a box will comE up so just put your finger on Copy. Then log on here, start a new thread and you will be able to paste the URL by putting your finger on 'Video' or 'Link' in the box. I learnt how to copy and paste from YouTube. Just keep trying - if I can do it anybody can.

If you need more help or have a question just message me.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
My Everly Brothers rare solo songs CD has arrived this morning. I'm minding the grandchildren until 1pm then I will be heading home to enjoy it.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
This might change with time, but right now my favorite solo songs would be:

PHIL:

"The Last Thing on My Mind":

VIDEO, INCOMPLETE:

FULL SONG, PHOTO:

and "The Air That I Breathe" posted above by Anmary.

DON:

"It's All Over" DEMO:

"Since You Broke My Heart" DEMO:

Post 24 • IP   flag post
Great choices Ricardo. It's good to hear from you.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy

Hi Roxy. I use an iPad and once you get to know how it is easy. You need to copy the URL of what you want to post on here from the browser bar. Just put your finger on the URL and a box will comE up so just put your finger on Copy. Then log on here, start a new thread and you will be able to paste the URL by putting your finger on 'Video' or 'Link' in the box. I learnt how to copy and paste from YouTube. Just keep trying - if I can do it anybody can.

If you need more help or have a question just message me.

Hi Jane, sorry for delay in thanking you for the information. I have been away for a few days. I will have a try, your instructions are very clear.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Ricardo's choice of "Last Thing on my Mind" is sung with such sincerity by Phil and his singing is superb. The guy who wrote it sings it poorly in my opinion with no feeling for the words and Phil sings it out of the ball park (Is that the US speak for what I mean?) "The Air that I breathe" is sung as perfect as you can get and I wish Phil did not have doubts about releasing this song as a single because The Hollies jumped straight on it and had a big hit with it.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, your post said it all, it should have been a hit for Phil, just as The Air That I Breathe would have been... If only!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Most definitely. It's so beautifully sung by Phil. I get cross EVERY Time it comes on the radio by the Hollies. Same with Love Her by the Walker Bros. it's such a copy of Don and Phil's version. Love of the common people is another one by Paul Young. Don't get me started. Don and Phil were definitely innovators xx❤️❤️
Post 29 • IP   flag post
44633 29 29
destitute