The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

I found this on www.everly.net. It makes interesting reading.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
I wonder if Don stiil has the record of Paper Doll? I do hope so and that it gets passed on to one of his children.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Margaret Everly has the recording I believe, along with many other Everly treasures. Sadly, these all seem to be in limbo right now as Margaret presently won't allow them to be displayed in the Central City museum and from what I heard, as removed other items from another museum in the area. Keeping track of the artefacts seems to lack importance but it should and will be of major importance to Kentucky and Everly fans in future years.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I heard that too Mike about Margaret not liking things in the Central City museum and the reason which surprises me. They need to be shown somewhere while people who have followed them from the beginning are still around to be able to go and see them. Or at least get another video of "Tour of the museum" like they did with the old one. Some cannot visit the US due to cost, age, travel problems etc, it would be of great benefit to have a virtual tour.

I know from researching the Homecoming concerts that not only Everly Brothers things are in the museum but other famous Kentuckians. It needs to be seen.

I see in the link Jane that the special guest will be Phillip Donnelly.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Does Margaret have the only copy Mike? It may be that there are others??
Post 5 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Salfitz, I don't know. I was told Margaret had the disc and assuming it was one of the early "do-it-yourself" type recording booths, I can't imagine there being more than one original copy. I was told she also has original song manuscripts of unreleased Everly compositions along with Don and Phil's clothes, etc; a museum's worth. I would have love to have met her when I was out there because I worry for her and her collection. She is very sprightly and intelligent but father time waits for no one.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFloody
Margaret Everly has the recording I believe, along with many other Everly treasures. Sadly, these all seem to be in limbo right now as Margaret presently won't allow them to be displayed in the Central City museum and from what I heard, as removed other items from another museum in the area. Keeping track of the artefacts seems to lack importance but it should and will be of major importance to Kentucky and Everly fans in future years.

Thanks for that Mike. There is always someone on he here who knows the answer.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
She may feel this stuff is family and should remain with family until the passing of the relevant members, i.e. herself and Don.. and maybe also she wants children and grandchildren to have some personal mementos.. maybe she will bequeath stuff to the museums for after her time..
I think you are right there Mike, there is probably only the one copy, she maybe safeguarding it from being copied and released .. other people are always on the outlook for making money ..
I was looking at secondhand vinyl in Cardiff this week, EB LPs £5.. they are so devalued by mass production.
Its a funny old world..
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Let's hope she has made a will to make sure it all goes to the right person/people. I'm surprised Don hasn't got the recording though.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Margaret would like to open a Museum in Nashville, but like Mike says father time waits for no man and she really needs to get it up and running if she has the funds, re: building, rates, lighting, display cases etc. It would need constant cleaning and electricity after initially setting it all up. Unless someone has a pot of money to throw at it, it may not ever get off the ground. Look how much work has gone into the Central City one and that is the 2nd museum built next door to the original one. If she wants to oversee it being done she would be best advised to start it now, if the money is in place.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
44645 10 10
destitute