The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

It's Been A LOng Dry Spell6998

LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user

Another I love & not listened to in a while.
Written By John D Loudermilk.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Bizzie Lizzie.. how ya been??? You have been busy I can tell!!
Me too.. nice tho, nice busy!!! hope you are well and enjoying the long evenings ... so nice to just walk on the beach for ten minutes as the sun fades from the sky.. lucky living in the west.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@salfitz
All well here.
Life gets a little hectic at times, nice to have some quiet time .
I live right on the water also-it's just beautiful.
5 minute walk from the house & just at the sea.
I bet your warmer on the West though- we get a cool breeze off the water at times.
Take Care.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Lizzie another album I really need to rotate more, I do have my favourite albums then some others do not get played as often as they should, but sometimes I just cannot move on until I have nearly worn an album out!!!!!

I hope we do get another "Long Dry Spell" too.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I am closer to hills than sea.. well kind half way between both, but face north so catch it from that Northerly.. get a lot of rain and wind so it isnt as warm as you would expect. This part of Wales is where people come to escape the heat funnily enough.. or used to when we used to have summer!!!! are you more easterly then?? glad you are ok.. love to Diane !!! xxx
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Yes I guess more Easterly.
Just North a little from Dundee & right on the coast..
A town called Arbroath where Arbroath Smokies come from?(Delicious smoked haddock).
Used to be a busy fishing town but like a lot of other places,the fishing industry has died a death sadly.

I'll pass on your regards to Diane.
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Ooh yum smoked haddock with a poached egg on top. Can I order mine now please Lizzie xx❤️❤️
Post 7 • IP   flag post
We have the same down here Lizzie. Milford Haven had a big fish industry.. its struggling now, turned itself into a Marina. lots of posh boats. but no real money coming into the area. local people struggle to meet the cost of keeping a boat there, personal experience with my son in law having to move his boat. mostly mackerel, crab, lobster but it does keep smaller boats busy, which is good. Hopefully we have pretty good weather forcast for two days .. fingers crossed.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Gerry private msg quote post Address this user
All my life I live in The Hague in Holland which is very near the beach - only a 5 minutes drive. Next Thursday, my wife. our children and grandchildren, will go by car to the UK through the Eurotunnel (my first time)! Although I have been in the UK very regularly in my working life, the last time I was in London was November 2005 especially to see and listen to Don & Phil (2 concerts) and to be honest I am glad I did because tey stopped performing shortly there-after.
My family and I will spend 2 days/nights in the Bath area and most probably pay a short visit to Wales. On Saturday we go the the Torquay area where we rented a house for 14 nights. It has been more than 35 years ago that we stayed in that area and we are looking forward to a nice holiday.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Well Gerry the Welsh word for welcome is Croeso and the Welsh word for Wales is Cymru so, Croeso y Cymru y chi (to you) I hope you have a lovely holiday. It sounds wonderful. I think Holland must be very beautiful too ... happy holidays to you and your family.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Gerry not sure if you have seen the thread UK Tour 2005 (Last one) it would have been the one you mention here. It is on a thread brought up again a couple of days ago, maybe it will bring back some great memories for you, I hope so. Have a great holiday.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
45224 11 11
destitute