The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Live recording Manchester 20056992

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
. I know this has been posted before but it's such a great recording thought it would be a nice start to the day enjoy xxx❤️❤️❤️
Post 1 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
ooh lovely thanks xxx
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there I am new to the site having just joined. Have been a fan of the Everly Brothers since 1956 when I was ten years old! and have loved their music ever since.
I really enjoy this excerpt. They sounded so happy and singing voices still top form. My one big regret I never got to see them live.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Joy I think this "last tour UK 2005" just shows how good they still were. I researched this whole tour because it was their last and posted it on here 2/3 weeks ago. Just before I posted it 2 of my clips expired and so far I have not been able to replace them, also there are several missing from the start because I have never been able to find them which is a real shame. I did think that someone who saw them at the many venues would have been able to upload them to youtube....but no. We can still stay hopeful that someday someone will post them onto youtube.

If you look at the "Last Tour UK 2005" thread you can see the song set list.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
The clip I posted from YouTube was a recording the BBCput out on radio 2 about a week after the Manchester show xxx❤️❤️❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Some lovely photos on the 3 song clip too Joy. I just had to listen to it again.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Unfortunately I didn't know it was on the radio or had been recorded and I was there at the Apollo Had I known I would have taped the whole programme. Don't suppose it will be repeated now xxx❤️❤️❤️
Post 7 • IP   flag post
teddyboyle private msg quote post Address this user
I think this I from 1997, not 2005.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Thanks teddy I think you are right there Apologies xx❤️❤️
Post 9 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my Goodness Joy.
This melted my heart..
Thank you for posting..
I'm off to listen to it again..
Just sounds so good.
Thank you.

@Roxy
Welcome Roxy. Nice to have you here.
Hope you enjoy & look forward to your contributions also.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhh

Welcome Roxy
Post 11 • IP   flag post
welcome Roxy
I first saw Don and Phil in concert when I was 10 or 11.. 1959 in Cardiff.. I went to see the Dallas Boys (I cant quite recall their title) I think there was five of them.. anyhow the Everlys were on the same bill, I came away a foreverly fan, totally smacked right between the eyes and ears, wishing it could go on forever and crying bitter tears because I thought I would never see them again. Luckily I saw them three more times, my biggest regret is that I didnt get to the reunion concert.. but how lucky am I that I saw them over the years and also with that great band with Albert Lee and Pete Wingfield.. mmmm dream dream dream.. all I have to do is dream.. I heartily recommend the reunion concert DVD, its a pretty close up experience almost as good as the real thing!!

Hope you enjoy the Everly fan forum... best wishes, Sally
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Welcome to the site from me too Roxy, I joined about 5/6 months ago and everyone has made me very welcome.

The Reunion Concert Sally I have to watch it often, it is an excellent concert. I have the vinyl of the concert not the cd. But the vinyl photos are brilliant and well worth having even if you cannot play a record.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
That's interesting Chris..I love still photos too..you can look at them any time without electricity!!!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Thank you all for your warm welcome. It is great to be here.
Sally I do have the reunion concert DVD and I watch it constantly. I typed that I had been a fan of EB since 1956 of course it would have been 1957 when I first heard them...Bye Bye Love etc., My older teenage sister and brothers used to listen to Radio Luxembourg before we had a record player and D.J's Pete Murray and Keith Fordyce played records from the USA and UK charts then. So we were kept up to date with the latest EB songs. Happy days.
One very pleasant thing occurred a few weeks back. Always wanted Phyllis Karpp's book Ike's Boys, but unaffordable...I found a "buy it now" copy on EBay for $26.98 including postage. Roughly £21 Sterling. It arrived and is in brand new condition, was not expecting that! So delighted with my bargain.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Wow that's amazing I have searched various book websites but not been able to find that book..was that Ebay USA or UK?? I think I will try again because that is affordable.. some of their collectable items are in the hundreds.. a bit beyond my budget unfortunately..oh yes I remember Radio Luxembourg.. it was wonderful and infuriating all at the same time.. it would wheeze in and wheeze out.. and always when you least wanted it to!!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Wow Roxy, that sure was a bargain price for Ike's Boys.
I got the book "Walk Right Back" By Roger White for a snip!
I was looking for the biography of Merle Haggard , when up popped 4 biographies in the one lot..
One being the Roger White one-I couldn't believe my luck!
I got them all for under £5 (Ebay also)
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Hi Sally, I bought Ike's Boys on U.K EBay but the seller was based in America. The book took about two weeks to arrive and was like new. There are bargains to be had out there it is just a case of keep looking.

LizzieB That was an amazing bargain you had. Walk Right Back is also on my list, so I shall keep an eye out. I may be lucky again one of these days.

I tried to post some photos of and from the book on here but wasn't sure how. Will figure it out eventually. Also not sure of how copyright ruling works with regard to posting photo's from people's books.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Hi Roxy, thanks for your advice.. can you remember which section of Ebay you found the book..I would love to get Walk Right Back as well, watch out we could be bidding against each other, could end up in the thousands hahahaha ..
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Sally, I got the book from the - Books, Comics & Magazines, section of Ebay. I initially just typed Ike's Boys in the search box but the predictive text kept changing it to IKEA Boys! so I added "The true story of the Everly Brothers" and it liked that.
I just used to check EBay and Amazon now and then in the hope of finding a reasonably priced one and it paid off. I also haunt the second hand bookshops and the book section of Charity Shops. It is fun searching... you never know what you will turn up.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Ah, Sally and Roxy those Luxembourg days I remember them well, always having to re-tune with the slightest of touches to get it back on again. Then I found North Sea International and Caroline and my future husband when we did meet found some other alternatives to all these, I guess where there is a will there is a way with music. Our house is never silent. There is some form of music either radio, cd or vinyl in every room except the hall way, even music on the landing with a speaker from the spare room!!!
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Ah fond memories of Luxembourg and Jack Jackson I'd go to my grandmas house she passed away in 1964 but she loved the radio and had a really big old radio that sort of whistled but she listened to Luxembourg and she would say oh your Everly boys have been on. Xxx❤️❤️
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Sally and JoyB - Radio was sheer bliss then. It certainly introduced me and my siblings to all the latest rock and roll and country and western artists of the day. Listening earlier this morning to my radio, our local radio station (Radio Cornwall) was playing the No.1 hits of 1958 and of course they played Dream/Wake up little Susie. I still experience that sharp intake of breath that I felt when as a young girl I heard those opening bars/guitar riffs, for the first time... I think there is a small section in EB fans memories that never quite grows up. 😀📻😃
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Exactly Roxy know what you mean. I still have to turn radio up when Don & Phil come on even though I know all their songs by heartxx❤️❤️
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Thanks for that Roxy, that is very helpful. I will start trawling once the hullabalooo settles. we are about to embark on civic week in our town, so it is pretty busy. hope the weather stays fine, very unpredictable this far west. happy everlytime guys !!!
Post 25 • IP   flag post
45223 25 25
destitute