The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Rolling Stone: Phil's son Jason on his dad3284

Tree private msg quote post Address this user
Rolling Stone: Phil Everly's Son Jason Remembers Rock Pioneer Dad

Phil Everly's Family Recall His Humble Life & Final Days
Post 1 • IP   flag post
lalopz private msg quote post Address this user
Tree...that is the article that made me cry...
The same admiration and respect in which Mr. Phil addressed his father Mr. Ike is the same way that Jason remembers his dad... this is handed from generation to generation...this talks about a family with strong love bonds...

Having lost my father myself, the song That Silver Hair Daddy of mine moves me a lot these days because I know the feeling that Jason must be experiencing...

My uttermost respect and love for all the Everly family. A big hug to Mrs. Margaret...
I have expressed it since day one in this forum

Love from Mexico
Post 2 • IP   flag post
flkevin private msg quote post Address this user
that was a great article on Phil and family. Thank you Jason,for bringing out more humble and down to earth indications of your father, and indirectly, your grandparents. It bring a instance of you standing there at the Cleartone booth with your father being photograped and signing autographs with the fans. Thank you again for the wonderful article.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
firstrebel private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I can't say more.

Bob
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Fiddlelady47 private msg quote post Address this user
Jason, thank you so much for this wonderful, insightful article about your dad, Phil. I grew up in the 50's and 60's and remember seeing he and Don as very young guys, crooning out those unique harmonious songs, mostly taught to them by your grandparents at that particular time. Your dad had an intoxicating persona as he aged and I have played the '83 Reunion Concert, Albert Hall, over and over.To watch the two performing,one can see the utter sincerity in their music. Your dad's affect in his responses to Don's lyrics is palpable. In particular, the encore, "Let It Be Me" was Awesome, Awesome!!! It's a humbling experience for me to be able to envision his emotions of the moment. As you implied, he was extraordinarily human. Don could mimic the personality and moment in his own infectious way. I, for one, will miss your dad's charm and wittiness that could be seen through his eyes as he performed. Thanks for sharing. Andrea
Post 5 • IP   flag post
billmurray private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Tree for posting this and thanks to Jason for documenting these events.
The thing that has struck me since I became involved with this site is the genuine emphasis on family and even if there are differences the strength of their total family is overarching everything else. It is really humbling and it is a great teaching for everyone, family is more important than anything else, no matter the differences. I could feel the family and friends strength in Nashville in September and it was an unforgettable experience to meet some of the Everly family after having followed their music since 1956.

I don't want t focus on little spats that happened at this concert or that event I would just like to remember what they have meant to my life and to celebrate Phil's life and to offer condolences along with everyone else to his family. This will never end, their music will be rediscovered time and again.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Astrid private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to Jason Everly and Patti Everly for shearing moments of dear Phil`s time. <3 I have liked and loved his Music since I heard it for the first time when was a little girl. I also have the CD of their reunion concert at Royal Albert Hall, and I have watced it at least ten times and will certainly watch it more. I don`t think there is a nicer, more good looking man in the Whole wide world than Phil, and certanly not as great singer as him <3 He is the greatest <3 my deepest condoloces to Phil`s Family and to Don.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
45224 7 7
destitute