The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

***Please leave condolences here***3150

meadowwildrose private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Everly Brothers music..best harmonies of all time .Prayers for all the family. Phil will be remembered.
Post 101 • IP   flag post
clarky.50 private msg quote post Address this user
So so beautiful but it breaks my heart when I listen and watch this video Chu sister you are one talented lady thank you for all the videos you have done love you sister xx
Post 102 • IP   flag post
Lee private msg quote post Address this user
In the late 50s, early 60s, the first heart throb photograph I pinned on my bedroom wall was one of my beloved Phil and Don Everly.

I so loved those good looking boys and their glorious harmonies. Here, in England, we'd never ever heard harmonies or music anything like that of the Everlies.

Now, over 50 years later, nothing ever changes and everything comes full circle. I have a photograph of the Everly Brothers 'pinned' to a wall of my PC and my daughter and grandsons are Everly Brothers fans. Such is the enduring nature of the brothers' music.

Thank you for the wonderful music boys. God bless you, Phil, and God comfort Don, your wife and children, your mother and all of your your family.
Post 103 • IP   flag post
marib1940 private msg quote post Address this user
I am so very sorry to hear of Phillip's passing. I have loved the brothers for so many years. I have dreaded this moment, but knew when they retired that it was for good reason. We will never forget you. With so much love I write this note to the family of the one and only Phillip Everly. God bless and keep you.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Aspire private msg quote post Address this user
I will burn a candle for Phil tonight and remember him
Post 105 • IP   flag post

paulafj private msg quote post Address this user
I am deeply saddened by the loss of Phil. But comforted by such wonderful memories of seeing the Everly Brothers perform three times, and having the music to cherish for ever - it never fails to move me. My sincerest condolences to the family.
Post 106 • IP   flag post
wvanbrande private msg quote post Address this user
I've Been a Everly fan since their first recordings.My conolences to the family.
Post 107 • IP   flag post
bassethound98 private msg quote post Address this user
In loving memory of Phil Everly...one of our all time outstanding voices. You will be deeply missed.
Post 108 • IP   flag post
erpoteet private msg quote post Address this user
I have listened to Phil's beautiful voice since I was old enough to listen! One of the highlights of my life was seeing the Everly Brothers live at the Desert Inn in Las Vegas in the 1980's. Thank you Phil, for having one of the most beautiful voices ever, and sharing it with us for so many years! God Bless the entire Everly family, and I am sorry for your loss.
Post 109 • IP   flag post
R_McLain_III private msg quote post Address this user
On learning of Phil's death Friday night we put a picture of Phil on our home altar and lit a candle. I have wished for decades that I could have met Phil (and Don). In the 1970s I learned much about harmony and backing vocals from your records. There was always something in Phil's eyes that told me he took things very seriously. Yesterday as I watched the "Odyssey" recording, as usual there are three places that move me to tears every time: Ike's grave marker, Phil singing, "That Was the Last Thing on My Mind", and both of you singing "Let It Be Me" - essentially to each other at the Albert Hall. I'm sure you have moved millions more like me. Be assured we love you for what you have given the world, and for who you are.
Post 110 • IP   flag post
Recordholic private msg quote post Address this user
Sincere condolences to Phil's family, brother Don and all of the rest of the Everly family and friends. Life-long fan of the brothers & their music. Phil and Don inspired myself and my only younger brother (who also recently passed) to play music. Phil, you will be missed. "When Will I Be Loved"? Phil, you are loved, always have been, always will be.

Sincerely,
Bill Fick and family, Hebron, IN
and the Maddox/Crick (my wife's) families from Central City, KY
Post 111 • IP   flag post
maryyates70 private msg quote post Address this user
I am so saddened by this. Like everyone, I have felt above and beyond for them from the beginning----for 57 years. Grateful that I have seen them perform many times---and so pleased that I have met and talked with Phil. His persona is rich with kindness and intelligence---he is a giant among others. And just being himself and with his music, he touches so many. The hero comes when he is needed----when our beliefs become pale and weak, there comes a man from that need who is bright and shining--and everyone living reflects that light and stores some for when he is not around. Dear Phil, may your bright light always shine.
Post 112 • IP   flag post
feedyourears private msg quote post Address this user
If there's a storybook Heaven, the angels may stop singing and simply listen when Phil steps through the 'gates'.
Post 113 • IP   flag post
writer1953 private msg quote post Address this user
From the first time I heard the beautiful harmonies of Phil and Don, I have been a fan. I was too young to witness their early fame, but to me, they will always represent God's gift of song to the world.

I believe Heaven's choir just found the most angelic voice they've ever heard, and I am jealous that we will never hear it again in this life. Rest in peace, Phil. You gave so many of us years of enjoyment. God bless you and your family!
Post 114 • IP   flag post
HattyBeth private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for bringing joy and love to my life. May you all be comforted and know how you continue to be appreciated. All I have to do is Dream~
Post 115 • IP   flag post
Some 25 years ago, on holiday in an obscure part of the Caribbean, I stood in a crush in a local bar that I'd rushed into to take shelter from a sudden rainstorm. There were people from all around the world in that bar speaking a score of different languages, when someone put a dollar in the juke box.

Suddenly the whole bar erupted in song as two glorious and unmistakable voices rang out across the bar:

# Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream #

All of those people from all around the world, yet we all knew the lyrics to your song, Phil and Don.
Post 116 • IP   flag post
johnd2444 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the pleasure of seeing the Everly Brothers 49 years ago and after that I was hooked, My prayers and deepest sympathy for the entire family, Phil will always be remembered, take care and god bless..Johnd MI
Post 117 • IP   flag post
The news in France:

Le plus jeune des Everly Brothers, Phil, est décédé

(The youngest of the Everly Brothers, Phil, has died.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIF2e8Nb7w
Post 118 • IP   flag post
GLRains private msg quote post Address this user
MY HEART IS BROKEN.
Post 119 • IP   flag post
There's a lovely video of Phil singing 'Silent Night' last year - supposedly his last public performance - at the very end of this piece from Yahoo.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/saying-bye-bye-everly-brothers-phil-1939-2014-073000294.html

MODERATOR NOTE: This video is from his son Jason's company website: Cleartone Strings.
Post 120 • IP   flag post
MichaelWiberg private msg quote post Address this user
I was very sad to get this news. Your music has been with me all my life and it will remain so. One of the greatest moments in my life was when I brought my dad [a fan since 1957 when he got his first record from my grandmother; Bye Bye Love] to London and the Royal Albert Hall where the Everly Brothers played (05). A couple of years later when we went to the U.S. we made a detour to Central City KY on a journey that brought us in the brothers' footsteps (Chicago, Nashville, LA, among others). My thoughts are with the Everly family. Rest in peace Philip, thank you for the music; you'll never be forgotten. Love//Michael Wiberg, Sweden
Post 121 • IP   flag post
cathiedavids private msg quote post Address this user
On Sunday June 30, 1957, the day after my 10th birthday, my Dad called me in from playing because "those boys you like to listen to on the radio are on Ed Sullivan." Entering through the kitchen door I could hear the voices and when I stopped in front of the TV set I was, for the first time ever, smitten beyond reason. A priceless moment ever forgotten. No boys I knew looked like that but within days the older boys in my neighborhood started to copy that distinctive look starting with the hair. I was so fortunate to have seen The Everly Brothers in concert several times during the 1980s and early 90s. I cherish those concerts, the tour books with wonderful photographs, the CDs which I have been playing all weekend and my Everly Brothers scrapbook which I began as a 10-year old girl. The critics can argue about their place in history but my mind and heart are the only guides I need. I cherished them at age 10 and will continue to do so until God calls me home. Cathie Davids in Flint, Michigan
Post 122 • IP   flag post
claudette private msg quote post Address this user
Been fan since 11 yrs old. Now at the age of 66 am devastated on hearing of Phil's death. So young. Met them at Nottingham England 10 years ago and had photo's taken - to treasure for Everly - saw their last 3 concerts there. My friend and I vowed to see them until either they died or we - Phil has played his final concert.
There will never be a harmony like it - I have everything they ever sang in my record collection. photos, fan letters from the 1960's. I even took their photograph when they were on the TV - My passion and admiration for them has never faded. End of a treasured era. Blessings to his entire family and especially mum as it is hard to see your children die.
Sheila Carter - Derbyshire England.
Post 123 • IP   flag post
richardsawle private msg quote post Address this user
You know, I loved the 'Evs', but what really annoys me has been the coverage by the British media and, I'm sorry to say, some of the contributors to this site.
Phil was more than just the harmony to Don, however fantastic that was...hear 'It's All Over' on the In our Image Album or 'Sleepless Nights'. He was a fantastic songwriter and vocalist in his own right. Listen to 'The London Sessions' CD which is two albums from '74 and'75 and if 'Words in Your Eyes', written by Phil, solo by Phil and harmony by Phil, does not bring a lump to your throat, well..... His two other solo albums were great as well and if you can get hold of 'The Everly Brothers Rare Solo Tracks' with songs from both Phil and Don, you're in Everly Heaven.
I have already contributed my earlier thoughts and condolences: this is just a sort of PS from the UK
Post 124 • IP   flag post
Tommysgourmet private msg quote post Address this user
I loved hearing Don and Phil singing and saw them twice. The second time was when I attended with my daughter and Albert Lee and Buddy Emmons accompanied them. One of my favorite concerts! All my best to his family. Tom
Post 125 • IP   flag post
lejeune1945 private msg quote post Address this user
One heartbroken Englishman.
Post 126 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Another Englishman here with a broken heart too my friend
Post 127 • IP   flag post
Joanviolet private msg quote post Address this user
My sincere condolences to a legend, you will be missed Phil, you were my favourite Everly, I told you so and I meant it, you kissed me on the cheek for that and loved my sketch of which both of you signed the back of frame, I'll never forget you God Bless, RIP dear Phil xxxx
Post 128 • IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Over a year ago..I found this site and posted my memory of my most favorite concert. From that time, til now, I have met and got to chat with some incredible Everly fans! The history of the Everly's is staggering! I was fortunate enough to meet Phil. He was a TOTAL gentleman! I was fortunate enough to meet Edan, at the 1st annual get together! He was a TOTAL gentleman! I hope....Edan, and the Everly family, will help us continue our love for Phil and Don!
Post 129 • IP   flag post
marib1940 private msg quote post Address this user
I just can't stop crying. God bless you and keep you, Phil. We all love you so much. We all lost something special with your passing. My heart is broken.
Post 130 • IP   flag post
44200 247 30
destitute