The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

***Please leave condolences here***3150

daringdaisy private msg quote post Address this user
Heart Broken for the family. I was star struck with the Everly Brothers at the young age of 10. Loved them ever since.
Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Elvis, many more greats. Music will never be the same.
Rest in Peace Phil Everly. You were truly loved by many.
Post 76 • IP   flag post
Angie252 private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences to all of the Everly family, such sad news. Don and Phil were my first love at the age of 10, such beautiful harmonies. I feel privileged to have seen them four times in concert when they came to the UK over the years and I was at the opening night of their first tour here. You could say I've only seen them together three-and-a-half times as Don was taken ill that night and couldn't perform so Phil decided to go ahead and I think Albert Lee filled in. A courageous move but we weren't disappointed.

Great music and peformances, as good live as they were on record. So sad to see such talent pass.

Rest in peace Phil.

A UK fan.
Post 77 • IP   flag post
bluesharp private msg quote post Address this user
Thank You Don & Phil for your beautiful music. Been a fan from the 50's and Phil will be greatly missed by us all.

My love to all of the family

Phil & Don's music will never die

UK fan
Post 78 • IP   flag post
gregmcgarvey private msg quote post Address this user
I will never forget how kind Phil and Don were to spend a few moments signing autographs for me when I was a little kid. But even more than that, I'll remember the jaw-dropping beauty and power of their sound. It changed my life. Those of us who got to hear it in person experienced one of the great pleasures of life. (Thanks for taking me, Dad.)

If there was any doubt about their legacy, check out the Amazon music charts: "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us," recorded 56 years ago, has been at #1 on several of their charts, and it's been there for WEEKS! Two guys (and their bass player) in a tiny room in Nashville - no overdubs, no fixing the mistakes. PERFECT! And it remains so almost sixty years later, after a complete transformation in every aspect of the music industry. When there's magic, there's magic.

Another thought on the legacy of The Everly Brothers - lots of the rock legends still have companies planning marketing strategies for re-releases, new merchandise, etc. The Everlys seemed to decide to simply let their work speak for itself. Try to find an Everly Brothers shirt at the mall - Elvis is there, but they're not. But each new generation of young people keeps finding these songs... over and over again! Word-of-mouth. The same folk process that brought those brilliant old songs to Ike, to Don and Phil, and then to some 14-year-old who's discovering them as I type this.

Felice Bryant said, about the Everlys in the 1990s, "that's an eternal sound." I'm sure I speak for many other lifelong fans when I say that, like an old friend, it's inconceivable that there will be life without this brilliant man. Luckily, we still have the music and the music WILL be eternal.
Post 79 • IP   flag post
FHamilton private msg quote post Address this user
Phil, you were my first crush many years ago when I was about 9 and you were 19. Rest in peace. Thanks for the memories.
Post 80 • IP   flag post

boydy0172 private msg quote post Address this user
Heart felt condolences to Phil's wife, children, Don and their families on the loss of a truly great musician. A lifetime of music which I am so grateful for.
Post 81 • IP   flag post
50sdancer1 private msg quote post Address this user
The Everly Brothers have been an important part of my love for music since 1957. Those wonderful harmonies have never been equalled to this day, and never will be.

When I saw the news on the computer last night, I was very much saddened. Another legend from my youth has gone on to Heaven. Phil's suffering is over and he's now with our Lord.

May God comfort and bless Don and his family, Phil's family, and all Everly family members.
Post 82 • IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Post 83 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chris. The smiles have all turned to tears today my friend. Lets hope by the time we all meet again next year the smiles can return.
All the best to you and yours
Post 84 • IP   flag post
Aspire private msg quote post Address this user
I loved them since I was 12, never lost them again, it's my one and only addiction, this is a sad day, at the other side: thank you for the beautiful music, who has touched my heart always. Karin the Neterlands
Post 85 • IP   flag post
Sharyl private msg quote post Address this user
I grew up listening to the brothers, even though they were part of my mom's generation. My sister named her first car Little Susie, you can guess why. It always breaks my heart when a legend passes on. This world has too few of them. My condolences to the Everly family. I'm so sorry for the loss of Phil. Hugs and love to you all. Please remember that the world hasn't forgot about the Everly Brothers, and that their legacy will always live on.
Post 86 • IP   flag post
chugaerlan private msg quote post Address this user
Chris, this is the video I made (crestviewmaiden) ... I was truly inspired when I made this ... thanks for posting .....
Post 87 • IP   flag post
Everlyman private msg quote post Address this user
Today I have lost a friend of many years.
l've loved The Everly Brothers since first l heard them in 1957.
The 1971 Royal Albert Hall with their dad Ike was a wonderful occasion. The seperation of 1973 a great shock.
Both Reunion Concerts were packed with astoundingly great harmony singing.The atmosphere inside the Hall was full of love of/for Don and Phil, by us the audience.

But, the LOVE was mainly between the brothers themselves.

Take a look at Phil's eyes during the singing of Love Hurts.
For us the fans, once we had got over the shock, of the split, the real bonus was of the solo songs and LP's.
I was totally "blown away" by Phil's Mystic Line LP. The songs, lyrics and singing SO SO beautiful.

PHIL EVERLY I will forever miss you and your music.

Finally, my sincerest condolances to all the Everly Family members.

With LOVE ..... Roland J in England.
Post 88 • IP   flag post
pascopro private msg quote post Address this user
From the Phil Everly band in the late 70's up until the Everly Bros reunion I know I can safely speak for the entire band to send deepest and sincere sympathies to the Everly family on the passing of the great man we called Phil.

Chris, Jason and Erin.... we will always remember you guys as great kids watching us rehearse at your house in Toluca Lake as Your father and Unlce... Phil... turned us into a musical machine with people lining up down the block at the Palomino and the standing ovations as we opened for Tammy Wynette on the road.

We kind of became a missing link over the years but no one can ever take away the amazing memories of working with such a talented legend and friend who watched over us and treated us with such great respect. The great man we called... Phil

Sincerely
Pat Anthony Arvonio
Post 89 • IP   flag post
Annebgood private msg quote post Address this user
I grew up with the Everly Brothers. Phil and Don were with me on dates, dances, transistor radios, records, juke boxes, and a thousand nights at the skating rink. My heart breaks tonight. I want to extend my deepest condolences to the family.
Post 90 • IP   flag post
OperaPilot private msg quote post Address this user
So sorry to hear of Phil's death. My prayers are with the entire Everly family. Don and Phil were magical singers who touched our hearts and souls with their beautiful harmony and songs. R.I.P. Phil Everly.
Post 91 • IP   flag post
smokeyjoejones private msg quote post Address this user
I am absolutely heartbroken for Phil Everly and the Everly family. I met Phil and Don many times during their careers. Phil was a wonderful man with so many special qualities, gifts and talents. He was a gentle man - and a kind and generous man. His distinctive, beautiful singing voice has given joy to millions of people around the world. And if there are angels in heaven, surely they sing like the Everly Brothers! Don and Phil - you are the best brothers anyone could ever wish for! Whenever I hear you sing or watch you play live, all I can hear and see is love. Your greatest gift is your music - and in 50 or 100 years from now, people will still want to listen to Wake Up Little Susie, Cathy’s Clown, All I Have to Do is Dream and Let it be Me. I love you, Phil. You have always been my hero. With love and special prayers for Phil, Patti, Jason and Chris, mother Margaret and especially big brother, Donald. Richard J, Wilmslow UK
Post 92 • IP   flag post
Annebgood private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annebgood
I grew up with the Everly Brothers. Phil and Don were with me on dates, dances, transistor radios, records, juke boxes, and a thousand nights at the skating rink. My heart breaks tonight. I want to extend my deepest condolences to the family.

To Phil....Bye Bye Love
Post 93 • IP   flag post
Barbieflausa private msg quote post Address this user
The earth is darker..bit the stars are brighter..with a new member of the angelic choirs..."May your memory be eternal" and your music live on until the end of time...Thank you
Post 94 • IP   flag post
bikecg private msg quote post Address this user
The Everly Brothers were simply the greatest. Rest in peace, Phil.
Post 95 • IP   flag post
kevinbrett private msg quote post Address this user
I am a choir director of my Catholic Church in Reno--I am starting the songs off with " Let it be Me." I will do that before the Mass starts, and I hope I don't PO the Pastor. Phil meant that to me
Post 96 • IP   flag post
Tony2013 private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences to the family. The music will live forever in the hearts of people and for future generations to enjoy. May he soul rest in peace
Post 97 • IP   flag post
Tree private msg quote post Address this user
A lovely tribute created on the passing of Phil Everly by Maria Carmen Gaerlan or @ChuGaerlan as she is known by all of us that love her here on the forum. She is known on YouTube as "CrestviewMaiden".

Thank you for the beautiful video, Chu/Maria.

Post 98 • IP   flag post
gemason private msg quote post Address this user
Although many people were influenced by the Everly Brothers and later became huge music stars in their own right, the rest of us called them friends we grew up listening to. For many of us, they were an important part of our lives.
We have lost one of our special friends and although never having met them, the loss has affected us all.
God speed in your new journey Phil. We will miss you more than words can convey.
Post 99 • IP   flag post
seanmickey private msg quote post Address this user
I want to send my condolences out to the Everly and my cousin Chris. I've only met Phil once in the 80's when we dropped his son off at his house, and I remember him being a really nice and friendly person. RIP Phil Everly you'll be missed.
Post 100 • IP   flag post
meadowwildrose private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Everly Brothers music..best harmonies of all time .Prayers for all the family. Phil will be remembered.
Post 101 • IP   flag post
clarky.50 private msg quote post Address this user
So so beautiful but it breaks my heart when I listen and watch this video Chu sister you are one talented lady thank you for all the videos you have done love you sister xx
Post 102 • IP   flag post
Lee private msg quote post Address this user
In the late 50s, early 60s, the first heart throb photograph I pinned on my bedroom wall was one of my beloved Phil and Don Everly.

I so loved those good looking boys and their glorious harmonies. Here, in England, we'd never ever heard harmonies or music anything like that of the Everlies.

Now, over 50 years later, nothing ever changes and everything comes full circle. I have a photograph of the Everly Brothers 'pinned' to a wall of my PC and my daughter and grandsons are Everly Brothers fans. Such is the enduring nature of the brothers' music.

Thank you for the wonderful music boys. God bless you, Phil, and God comfort Don, your wife and children, your mother and all of your your family.
Post 103 • IP   flag post
marib1940 private msg quote post Address this user
I am so very sorry to hear of Phillip's passing. I have loved the brothers for so many years. I have dreaded this moment, but knew when they retired that it was for good reason. We will never forget you. With so much love I write this note to the family of the one and only Phillip Everly. God bless and keep you.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Aspire private msg quote post Address this user
I will burn a candle for Phil tonight and remember him
Post 105 • IP   flag post
44200 247 30
destitute