The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

***Please leave condolences here***3150

FLT1203 private msg quote post Address this user
My deepest condolences to Phil's family, friends and so many fans. We have lost the sweetest voice in 'modern' music.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Jet_Stream private msg quote post Address this user
Phil and Don have always been a part of my young life.

I'm so sad to hear the news of Phil's death.

Thanks for so much beautiful music.

RIP

English fan.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
raindogs70 private msg quote post Address this user
Condolences to Phil's family. I guess we all know what we're going to be listening to, today, sharing memories of the music and what it meant to us all.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Layla1962 private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts and prayers are with the Everly family. I believe all of our hearts are broken today for those of us who grew up listening to such beautiful harmonies from Don and Phil. My dear friend Jim Gordon started out playing with them and I will write and let him know. Bless Phil's family and I know his brother must be heartbroken. Much love.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
swanny43 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
I am from the Netherlands and deeply shocked that we lost Phil Everly.
I saw him and his brother for the first time in 1965.It was fantastic.
I still love their music
Rest in peace Phil!!
My condolences to the family Everly in special for His Mother Margaret...
Post 55 • IP   flag post

Carolelinda private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot begin to express the sorrow I feel at Phil's passing. The Everly Brothers are a huge part of the true CORE of rock and roll and their sweet harmony never will be duplicated. Had been fortunate enough to hear them in person several times and I still love their music which I first heard as a teenager around 1957. I remember when they entered the Marines, seeing them in their uniforms on Ed Sullivan show, and all the wonderful music they gave us. Rest in Peace, dear Phil. My condolences to his Mom as well as the entire Everly family.
Post 56 • IP   flag post
MarciaAnn private msg quote post Address this user
I was born the same year as Phil and grew up on a farm in Wisconsin. When I went "to the barn" in the morning they were on KMA radio from Shenandoah, Iowa. I learned to love "Little Donnie' and "Baby Boy Phil" then and have loved them ever since. I was able to see them "live" only twice but what a thrill! They truly had the best harmony and blend of any duo -- ever. Love and prayers to Don and all the family especially their Mom. How we will miss him!
Marcia Ann
Post 57 • IP   flag post
firstrebel private msg quote post Address this user
This is such tragic news; my condolences to all Phil's family.

The Everlys and Roy Orbison were my music heroes since the '60's and a major part of my younger days, and I have never stopped being a huge fan and admirer.

Phil's talents were many and he continued to influence the newer and younger musicians even up to last year. The Everly contribution to music is unmatched and many great groups like the Beatles and Hollies would never have happened.

Phil is now with his buddies like Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly.

So Sad.

Bob
Post 58 • IP   flag post
GaryRJ private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences to the family...
Phil is now resting in the perfect peace and love of God.
Phil & Don's music has been a part of my life since I was child.

Thanks, guys.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Mitch private msg quote post Address this user
My Aunt was a stewardess for Eastern Airlines and Don and Phil were passengers of hers in First Class for a flight ca 1960. She always said they were perfect gentlemen unlike some of the VIPs she flew over the years. Rock on friend!
Post 60 • IP   flag post
kbeane33 private msg quote post Address this user
me and my parents are fans of don and Phil Everly. I remember seeing them back when I was 10 years old. They are such talented and nice people. Phil you will be missed but not forgotten ! My heart and prayers goes out to the family and of course Don ! rip Phil !
Post 61 • IP   flag post
susie private msg quote post Address this user
The Everly Brothers are My Favorites of all time!
My best wishes to Phil's family at this sad time.

I could listen to Phil's beautiful voice always, he is my #1 singer of them all, he and his brother made the sweetest music of all. Thank Goodness we can hear recordings, when ever we feel like it.

Thank you Phil Everly.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
MagyarSaxon private msg quote post Address this user
So many of us grew up “consciously or unconsciously with the Everly Brothers.”
Thank you, Phil. Our loss is the gain of Angels, whose singing in Heaven today, is even more harmonious than before.
My condolences to your loved ones.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
EB_drummer private msg quote post Address this user
I am stunned!...I was their drummer from 1969-1971...
...one year ago I was able to reconnect with Phil at the west coast NAMM show on Orange County, CA...so proud and happy for that moment!!

Post 64 • IP   flag post
Brendach46 private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences to the Every family especially Patti Don't and Margaret. Phil will be missed so much.
Post 65 • IP   flag post
Alaninusa private msg quote post Address this user
The sweetest sound i ever heard were those two voices over the airwaves in England in 1958. Just terribly, terribly sad news. Condolences to all his family. With the greatest respect. Alan.
Post 66 • IP   flag post
kool57kid private msg quote post Address this user
Sad day, I've been playing Everly Bro's music all day. RIP Phil, God Bless you and thanks for the memories and great music!!
Post 67 • IP   flag post
billyD private msg quote post Address this user
I, too, wanted to offer my condolences to the family of Phil Everly. Although I did not come of age until the 1970s, the golden voices of Don and Phil Everly did not escape my attention. In December 2003, I was happily surprised - while at a Simon & Garfunkel concert in Boston - when the Everly Brothers were introduced in the middle of the show. I sat mesmerized as they performed three songs. Needless to say, "they stole the show" in my eyes. Phil Everly may be gone, but will certainly never be forgotten. Forever in our hearts. R.I.P. Mr. Everly.
Post 68 • IP   flag post
littlesusie13 private msg quote post Address this user
My heart is broken today. I have lost a childhood hero. I was raised on the Everly Brothers' music. The first song I ever learned to sing at the age of two was "Wake Up Little Susie". My mother used to tell people that I couldn't pronounce all the words but I could carry the tune. I actually got a chance to tell that story to Phil many years ago when I was 17. He was on a call-in radio show and I was lucky enough to get through and be able to speak to him. He figured out my age from the story and was very surprised that a 17-year-old had even heard of him, but he got a kick out of it. I'll never forget that day, and how gracious he was. Rock and roll heaven has a new angel. Love and prayers to the Everly family.
Post 69 • IP   flag post
Catwoman16201 private msg quote post Address this user
I am so sorry to hear of Phil's passing. I have loved the Everly Bros since I was 14. Condolences to his family
Post 70 • IP   flag post
RenateDeBruyn private msg quote post Address this user
Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Renate DeBruyn
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada
Post 71 • IP   flag post
Carla_E_S private msg quote post Address this user
Dearest Phil and Don,
We will never ever forget your unique voice,heart and appearance and devotion to Don,bridge to the human soul.
from 2 math.artists of Nature on bikes
in the Dutch dunes near the Sea.
Post 72 • IP   flag post
lellyj private msg quote post Address this user
Condolences to all Phil's family. The voices of the Everly Bros have been the background to my life. Cathy's Clown, Walk Right Back and All You Have to Do is Dream remind me of teenage years and I have attended as many concerts in the UK as I possibly could, the best ones being in the Royal Albert Hall.
Phil's voice and the harmonies were never bettered by anyone.
Farewell sweet man and thank you.
Post 73 • IP   flag post
BirdDog private msg quote post Address this user
Loved your music from way back in the 60's
Condolences to all Phil's family

R.I.P Phil

UK
Post 74 • IP   flag post
kevinbrett private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Don and family-----I cried when I read your letter, as it was a sweet as the way you two sang together.. God bless
Post 75 • IP   flag post
daringdaisy private msg quote post Address this user
Heart Broken for the family. I was star struck with the Everly Brothers at the young age of 10. Loved them ever since.
Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Elvis, many more greats. Music will never be the same.
Rest in Peace Phil Everly. You were truly loved by many.
Post 76 • IP   flag post
Angie252 private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences to all of the Everly family, such sad news. Don and Phil were my first love at the age of 10, such beautiful harmonies. I feel privileged to have seen them four times in concert when they came to the UK over the years and I was at the opening night of their first tour here. You could say I've only seen them together three-and-a-half times as Don was taken ill that night and couldn't perform so Phil decided to go ahead and I think Albert Lee filled in. A courageous move but we weren't disappointed.

Great music and peformances, as good live as they were on record. So sad to see such talent pass.

Rest in peace Phil.

A UK fan.
Post 77 • IP   flag post
bluesharp private msg quote post Address this user
Thank You Don & Phil for your beautiful music. Been a fan from the 50's and Phil will be greatly missed by us all.

My love to all of the family

Phil & Don's music will never die

UK fan
Post 78 • IP   flag post
gregmcgarvey private msg quote post Address this user
I will never forget how kind Phil and Don were to spend a few moments signing autographs for me when I was a little kid. But even more than that, I'll remember the jaw-dropping beauty and power of their sound. It changed my life. Those of us who got to hear it in person experienced one of the great pleasures of life. (Thanks for taking me, Dad.)

If there was any doubt about their legacy, check out the Amazon music charts: "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us," recorded 56 years ago, has been at #1 on several of their charts, and it's been there for WEEKS! Two guys (and their bass player) in a tiny room in Nashville - no overdubs, no fixing the mistakes. PERFECT! And it remains so almost sixty years later, after a complete transformation in every aspect of the music industry. When there's magic, there's magic.

Another thought on the legacy of The Everly Brothers - lots of the rock legends still have companies planning marketing strategies for re-releases, new merchandise, etc. The Everlys seemed to decide to simply let their work speak for itself. Try to find an Everly Brothers shirt at the mall - Elvis is there, but they're not. But each new generation of young people keeps finding these songs... over and over again! Word-of-mouth. The same folk process that brought those brilliant old songs to Ike, to Don and Phil, and then to some 14-year-old who's discovering them as I type this.

Felice Bryant said, about the Everlys in the 1990s, "that's an eternal sound." I'm sure I speak for many other lifelong fans when I say that, like an old friend, it's inconceivable that there will be life without this brilliant man. Luckily, we still have the music and the music WILL be eternal.
Post 79 • IP   flag post
FHamilton private msg quote post Address this user
Phil, you were my first crush many years ago when I was about 9 and you were 19. Rest in peace. Thanks for the memories.
Post 80 • IP   flag post
44200 247 30
destitute