The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

***Please leave condolences here***3150

Richard1943 private msg quote post Address this user
So Sad.

The sound of my life.

The best concert I ever attended was The Reunion Concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1983. A magical evening with Don & Phil backed by the finest band you could imagine.

Rest in Peace, Phil - may your soul be carried On the Wings of a Nightingale.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
CathysClown private msg quote post Address this user
I am so sad to hear of the passing of Phil as are the MANY British Everly Brothers’ fans. God bless you Phil and thank you for your part in all the enormous amount of brilliant songs that you and Don performed together and have given us which will be with us to enjoy forever.

They were such a big part of my life and still are. Unfortunately I never saw them appear on stage but there have not been many days when I have not played their vinyl records, cassettes, cds and then dvds. Their songs have given me so much pleasure throughout my life and still do. I love them all but in particular: Crying in the Rain, Bye Bye Love, Cathy’s Clown, Wake Up Little Susie, etc, etc. I could go on and on!! They also had a big influence and were an inspiration to other artists who became famous in the late 50s/60s.

Such a sad day but what a brilliant music legacy Phil has left. His and Don's music will be played forever. There has never been a duo who can harmonise as well as Don and Phil did, and never will be! Gold Radio in England are playing their tracks in between the other songs all day today as a tribute to Phil. This shows how much he was thought of and respected in Britain, as they both were; also in so many other countries.

Thinking of you Phil, ALL of the family and, in particular, Don, who must be heartbroken. RIP Phil and thank you again – you will never be forgotten. xxxxxxxxx
Post 27 • IP   flag post
TriciaLW private msg quote post Address this user
I feel such sadness today. My condolences go out to Phil's family for losing their loved one. The world has lost an angelic singer and performer who, with his brother Don, influenced so many pop, country and rock and roll artists - the Beatles, Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, the Byrds, Graham Nash. I was too young when the Everly Brothers first recorded and first heard their hits as oldies. I remember seeing on TV during the summer filling in for Johnny Cash's show. In the 1980s when they reunited, I rediscovered their music. I saw their incredible live performances in Atlantic City, Palm Springs, and at the Birchmere and Wolf Trap in Virginia and bought their albums and CDs. I am blessed to have met Phil after their show at Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA and talked with him for about an hour. He was sweet, honest, kind, and trusting. And adorable in his black turtleneck and slacks. He was arguably the best harmony singer who ever lived. Thank you Phil for sharing your talent with the world. You will always remain in our hearts.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
mavjohn private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I was devastated with the tragic news.We did our courting to Phil and Don.We have been married 55 years now and whenever we hear any of their music we are transported to our youth. When they visited the United Kingdom we went and watched them twice. A unique sound two unique lads never to be bettered or replaced. I wish the family strength through this sad time and our thoughts are with you all. A million thank you's for the pleasure you brought to us.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
AussieEVERLY1960 private msg quote post Address this user
Like Everybody else,I'm greatly saddened by Phil's passing, he was part of the "Greatest' Rock'n'Roll duo of all time,singer, songwriter,gentleman,wonderful father to Jason & Christopher,Loving husband of Patti,musical icon and loyal and supportive friend!!! I had the pleasure of Meeting him on several occasions as the Australian Fan Club President and he was always Friendly, Respectful and generous with his Time, a "Class Act"!!!! He Will Be Greatly missed!!! He & Don have left an eternal legacy of Music, his memory will live on forever!!! Rest In Peace Phil and Thankyou for being YOU!!!!! My Sincere Condolences to Patti,Jason,Chris,Margaret, Don and all of the Everly family.....Every Everly Brothers Fan around the world will be in mourning today!!!....... Tasso Matheas, Melbourne, Australia.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

WaltExpress private msg quote post Address this user
So sad for all of the people near of Mister Phil Everly ! It's a great loss, and a moment of reflection for all of us, about the history of rock and folk music, and the place the Everly Brothers have in that story !

Condolences for this loss of a great person !
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Marilynsp private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Phil.
Sorry to hear you are gone but you will not be forgotten; you live on in your music.
Loved the Everly Brothers music.
Legend.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
SilverLady1956 private msg quote post Address this user
Sad news...Rest in Peace, Phil. Condolences to everyone who knew you.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
casey_1 private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Everly Family for their loss but mainly for Phil's mom, it must be a difficult time to bury the child you gave birth to no matter what age the child may be, Phil is no longer in pain and has left us all with the legacy of his music along with Don, Phil has gone but not forgotten, thanks for the memories of sharing my good and not so good times in my life though you didnt know it.
Goodnight God bless Phil
Post 34 • IP   flag post
edro3111 private msg quote post Address this user
To the Everly family members, as a baby boomer I grew up with the Everly Brothers music and watched music evolve into what it is today. They were indeed pioneers in the business and were recognized in praise by Dylan and The Beatles to mention just a couple. I've have been a fan of their beautiful harmonies since I first heard them. So sorry to hear of Phil's passing but Heaven sure has gained a beautiful musical addition! I am at a loss to say any more but God Bless all of you during this time.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
richardsawle private msg quote post Address this user
Phil had one of the most recognisable voices in the world.
His harmonies with Don were, at times, breathtaking.

His solo albums were beautiful and contained a great many songs written, or co-written by him.

I have loved the sound of Phil and Don together and apart for over 50 years.

I know roughly where I was when Kennedy died: have no idea where I was when Lennon and Diana died, but where I was when Phil died? I will remember for ever!!
Post 36 • IP   flag post
richardsawle private msg quote post Address this user
Thoughts, of course go to his family, his Mum and Don, all of whom must be devastated
Post 37 • IP   flag post
annefrances private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I am so sad this morning to hear of Phils passing...My hearts thoughts and prayers are with The Everly Family at this time...
Post 38 • IP   flag post
pat1948 private msg quote post Address this user
heaven has a new star rest in peace phil will always remember you and dons concert at oakdale in ct.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm private msg quote post Address this user
DONT WANT TO OVERLOOK HOW sad that edan everly (don son) must be hurting and sad this morning. My prayers certainly go with Edan at this time of grief. Phil was the Uncle who stood by Edan and supported edan with his career. Edan has lost his favorite Uncle, (only Uncle) My thoughts are with you
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Carole_Jeannie private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts and deepest, deepest sympathies to all the Everly family, especially Patti, Jason & Chris. We will all miss Phil but his harmonies & music will live on forever. I am 'So Sad' but know that he is 'On the Wings of a Nightingale'. Sleep on in Peace, Phil. Love you.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
ChrisYonts private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Phil.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
lelboy private msg quote post Address this user
Not a long ramble, but a few words of sincere appreciation for both Don & Phil. The Everlys WERE my growing up - and I'm sure many, many feel the same way. Losing Phil - although inevitable for all of us - has made me feel pretty unhappy. My thoughts are with all his family and friends - including people in the music industry, such as Duane Eddy - who thought so much of the Ev's. Sad times indeed, but we have to be thankful that we "knew" them both, and that Don is still with us. Such a sweet voice - silenced forever - but the memories are still with us.
Les (London).
Post 43 • IP   flag post
LesleyBurnage private msg quote post Address this user
Our thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences go to dearest Phil's family and friends - especially: Patti, Jason, Chris, Don and Margaret. We have lost an icon. The wonderful, magical music Phil and Don created together will always be remembered.

I have been privileged and honoured to meet Don and Phil on several occasions - (the first time when I was 9 yrs old) - in a Transport Cafe on the A1 - when they were on their first tour of the UK. I have been very lucky to attend one of their Home Coming Concerts in Kentucky - what a memorable experience! I have a much treasured photo of myself standing between Phil and Don taken back stage at the theatre in Oxford. It was one of the highlights of my life. My friend Graham and I have attended many of the Everly's concerts over the years and each concert was just as wonderful as the first one for us. Just to be there so near to our idols and to listen to their magnificent heavenly harmonies soaring around us - especially at the Royal Albert Hall.

Over the years, my three daughters (Julie, Katie and Sophia) and myself have been fortunate to meet Albert Lee and get to know him a little. He must be devastated to hear of Phil's passing. Our condolences go out to him too.

Dearest Phil - you will be so very much missed by so many people - your fellow musicians and fans around the world and especially your dear family and friends.

Thank you dearest Phil for all of your wonderful music and memories that have been and will continue to be part of my life and my family's life forever.

Rest In Peace my dearest Phil.

Devoted To You - Lesley Burnage, Wendover, Buckinghamshire, UK.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
flkevin private msg quote post Address this user
R.I.P. Phil: As a Baby Boomer too, I grew up with the Everly Brothers Music too. I seen them 13 times, but never met them in person. But, I read and heard that Phil was a compassionate man, and sharing his knowledge to other musicans. He was a graceful angel on earth, now he is a wonderful angel in heaven.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Lee private msg quote post Address this user
Like so many other fans here in England, I am heartbroken at the sad news about Phil. The Everly Brothers are the sound track of my life. I adore them and their wonderful harmonies. I send my deepest condolences to Don and to all of Phil's family. Phil and Don Everly will always be among the greatest rock and roll stars of all time.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not here; I did not die.
Post 46 • IP   flag post
judyblue private msg quote post Address this user
I have a lifetime of memories of the Everly Brothers, but sadly never got the chance to hear them live. My earliest childhood memories are dancing to their music played on the kitchen radio. I remember watching for their appearances on TV shows in the sixties, Phil was my "favorite". He was so cute and seemed so sweet and pleasant.

Later, when their reunion show was played over and over again on HBO, my Dad and I would call each other up to say, "guess what I watched today?" As we watched it countless times. I loved sharing their music with my Dad. The final scene of Riding in Cars with Boys had me in tears as the father and daughter "shared" their song...All I Have to Do is Dream. Recently, I discovered the unreleased demo CDs, have bought them and play them constantly. I finally ordered Songs Our Daddy Taught Us on Amazon but it was out of stock. I just got an email last night that it had shipped. On a whim, I searched google news for Everly Brothers to read reviews of the recent remake by Billie Joe and Norah. Instead of reviews, I found the sad news of Phil's death. I am devastated. My father passed 3 years ago. I so wish I could call him so he could comfort me. Reading all the love here is helping. Thank you Don and Phil for all the memories and the beautiful harmony. I will continue to listen to your music...over and over again.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
stingles19 private msg quote post Address this user
The Everleys music has meant so much to me since teenage years. I was lucky enough to see them on stage twice, and still play their songs regularly. Their harmonies mean I am singing in tune usually as I just change from Phil to Don if I can't reach the high notes! Thank you so much Phil for the music. Condolences to the family.
Post 48 • IP   flag post
moebo private msg quote post Address this user
So very sad to hear of the loss of Phil. I grew up to their fabulous music. My condolences to the family.
Post 49 • IP   flag post
DPO900 private msg quote post Address this user
I was so sad when I heard of Phil's death this morning. The only consolation is that the music will live on forever.

The Everly's were my favourite musicians as a youngster and I still love them today. I was lucky enough to see them a number of times in the UK, the last of which was at Hyde Park with Simon and Garfunkel.

I always knew their ages, especially Phil's as we share the same birthday even though I am 10 years younger. RIP Phil and deepest condolences to your family.
Post 50 • IP   flag post
FLT1203 private msg quote post Address this user
My deepest condolences to Phil's family, friends and so many fans. We have lost the sweetest voice in 'modern' music.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Jet_Stream private msg quote post Address this user
Phil and Don have always been a part of my young life.

I'm so sad to hear the news of Phil's death.

Thanks for so much beautiful music.

RIP

English fan.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
raindogs70 private msg quote post Address this user
Condolences to Phil's family. I guess we all know what we're going to be listening to, today, sharing memories of the music and what it meant to us all.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Layla1962 private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts and prayers are with the Everly family. I believe all of our hearts are broken today for those of us who grew up listening to such beautiful harmonies from Don and Phil. My dear friend Jim Gordon started out playing with them and I will write and let him know. Bless Phil's family and I know his brother must be heartbroken. Much love.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
swanny43 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
I am from the Netherlands and deeply shocked that we lost Phil Everly.
I saw him and his brother for the first time in 1965.It was fantastic.
I still love their music
Rest in peace Phil!!
My condolences to the family Everly in special for His Mother Margaret...
Post 55 • IP   flag post
44200 247 30
destitute