The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

***Please leave condolences here***3150

nickicarm private msg quote post Address this user
So sad… have not stopped thinking about the tragic loss of Phil Everly and would like to extend heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and forever fans.

I was already a fan as a young teen, when my parents took me and my brother to Freedomland. We stayed for both fabulous shows. The brothers' music has forever placed on my soundtrack of life and will continue to do so.

Thanks, Don and Phil. Rest in peace, Phil.
Post 226 • IP   flag post
KimWhalen private msg quote post Address this user
I've loved you for years and was so sad to hear you had died. It's your 75th birthday today and I'm thinking of you. You always seemed in good spirits and like a kind and respectable man. The world, not just the world of music, but the whole world lost a beautiful man when you died. Your wonderful voice and outlook on life always brightened my day. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. At least we have so much of your music to console us.

It is my habit to memorialize someone of such great influence through a poem. I can't think of a better place to share it than here among other fans.

Pure was the voice of the man who sang
High was the register at which it rang
Impish was the grin, crooked on the star
Left-handed was the man who strummed the guitar

Endearing, and with his heart on his sleeve
Vainly, we had hoped he would never leave
Eternalized by his part in rock 'n' roll
Reflected by artists reflecting his soul
Living through music as long as it plays
Yes, he'll outlive his life by infinite days
Post 227 • IP   flag post
JLVanMeter private msg quote post Address this user
I have enjoyed your music since the early 1960's. I am deeply saddened by Phil's passing. Phil and I shared the same birth date. I feel I have known the Everly's my whole life. May God bless you and Heaven has gained such a great soul.
Post 228 • IP   flag post
Rosielewsey private msg quote post Address this user
The best rendition ever heard.
Post 229 • IP   flag post
angel private msg quote post Address this user
now you're a january butterfly in heaven
thankx PHIL for all those beautiful music!!
Post 230 • IP   flag post

leahhill private msg quote post Address this user
I was 13 when I heard Cathy’s Clown, and was hooked on the EB’s marvelous records then. Even as I got older, I bought the CD of EB greatest hits.
But not until Phil’s passing, was the realization of how great these two are!! I now can’t get enough of watching the videos on Youtube, and hearing their music and of course reading every article I could find about how so many artist’s emulated them, and revered them.
I’ve learned so much about them that I didn’t know before. And now have a renewed understanding and fascination about them. They are truly the greatest duo ever, and will most likely never see the likes of them again. They have the most absolutely perfect and beautiful harmonies.
Their father was a true gift to the world, without him, there would not have been the perfect singing duo, that he taught the art of music too. It’s sad, he didn’t get the recognition he deserved in his time.
By them selves they are totally great singers, but we all love the harmonies!!! Once again, I offer my deepest sympathies' to the family!! Rest in Peace and Love Phil!!!
Post 231 • IP   flag post
Michelenimmo private msg quote post Address this user
Well here it is Jan. 25th and I finally found a spot where I could write how deeply saddened I am upon the loss of The Love of My Life Phil Everly. I have always loved The Everly Brothers but Phil stole my heart. I did get a chance to see them in North Bay Ontario so many years ago and I was right up at the front grabbing onto the stage and I swear Phil looked right at me and gave me that special smile. What a loss, words just cannot express, when you are a teenager and know all their songs a part of you dies too when you hear this news. I too have been checking out everything that I can and just purchased Phil Everly have almost worn it out. My son bought me the DVD The Reunion, all my sons knew how much they meant to me. My oldest son is in Niagara Falls for the week-end and texted me to-day to tell me he was at The Hard Rock Cafe and took a picture of The Everly Brothers guitar. My deepest deepest sympathies to all the Everly's and may you find comfort in knowing how much Phil was loved and will forever be missed.
Post 232 • IP   flag post
UKDAME private msg quote post Address this user
Sure hope Phil Every and the Everly Brothers get a mention on the " Grammys" Sunday night. Jan 26. I know there will be a Beatles tribute and even an appearance by Paul and Ringo, but I for one will be very upset if no one mentions Phil. I am recording it and we will see.
Post 233 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosielewsey

Love it, but also check out Phil singing it along with Cilla Black. A well known UK singer who had her own TV show in this 1974 clip. She never hit it big in the US for some reason. She married her manager and I think was pregnant at the time of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyOHGLR7nv4
Post 234 • IP   flag post
MsFrances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDAME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosielewsey

Love it, but also check out Phil singing it along with Cilla Black. A well known UK singer who had her own TV show in this 1974 clip. She never hit it big in the US for some reason. She married her manager and I think was pregnant at the time of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyOHGLR7nv4

http://tasteofcountry.com/miranda-lambert-billy-joe-2014-grammys-tribute/
I wish Phil and Dons' version would be played instead of Lambert and Armstrong..
Post 235 • IP   flag post
petesah private msg quote post Address this user
As with family friends and other fans,I was saddened by your decision to move on to a new life experience. Our Creator blessed you with an exceptional musical talent that was amplified when blended with your brother, Don's. Those of us left here are grateful that you shared your abilities with us and for the memories you gave us. Memorials are a way for those of us left behind to say good bye to those special people in our lives but somehow I feel that the spirit of that person that has moved on feels the energy of our thoughts especially since I believe we are all One anyway. So, Phil, I have been trying to figure out why your passing has bothered me so much especially since I never got to know you personally. Then I realized that the Everly Brothers were my first experience with a teenage crush. I didn't want to have this crush because I was too busy being a tomboy but the sound of your harmonizing really touched by soul. Then when I saw your picture, I decided that you and your brother were just too cute. Somehow the two of you managed to put that first chink in my tough tomboy armor. I guess you never forget your first of anything. Despite the fact that you will be missed,I wish you Godspeed as you make your transition to your new life experience and send my love to your family, especially to your brother, Don, as he was also a part of that first in my life which will always be a wonderful memory.
Post 236 • IP   flag post
Michelenimmo private msg quote post Address this user
Very very nicely put. Thank you for sharing, I was not a tomboy but knew what I heard and especially what I saw made my heart beat alittle faster. Phil and his brother could take me places when life got me down. When you grow up with a father that doesn't make you feel wanted their songs could wisk me away to a happier place.
Post 237 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelenimmo
Very very nicely put. Thank you for sharing, I was not a tomboy but knew what I heard and especially what I saw made my heart beat alittle faster. Phil and his brother could take me places when life got me down. When you grow up with a father that doesn't make you feel wanted their songs could wisk me away to a happier place.

Thats's the onething tbatreallydoes come thru in their songs. They really loved by mommy and daddy.
Post 238 • IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
I.have never been good at holding back. Don, please talk to us!
Post 239 • IP   flag post
hallyhawk private msg quote post Address this user
Cannot express any better than what's already been posted about
the passing of Phil.
Grew up listening to THE EVERLY BROTHERS.....still do.
Wish I had my 45's my folks lost while I was in the Army!
Don't know if this is the right forum to ask, but have been trying to find video of Phil (don't know if it exists). He was singing a song (don't know the name) on TV. Stopped at a friends house for omly a moment to deliver a message and only caught a part of it. Believe he was sitting high up on a rafter while singingand was very emotional. Would have been,I think, in the late 70s or very early 80s before their reunion.
If anyone remembers and knows of it; would love to hear from.
Am fairly new to computers and the internet.
Don't know if this is a good idea, but don't know how you would
respond to me except to leave my e-mail address.
hallyhawk@hotmail.com
Post 240 • IP   flag post
MsFrances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallyhawk
Cannot express any better than what's already been posted about
the passing of Phil.
Grew up listening to THE EVERLY BROTHERS.....still do.
Wish I had my 45's my folks lost while I was in the Army!
Don't know if this is the right forum to ask, but have been trying to find video of Phil (don't know if it exists). He was singing a song (don't know the name) on TV. Stopped at a friends house for omly a moment to deliver a message and only caught a part of it. Believe he was sitting high up on a rafter while singingand was very emotional. Would have been,I think, in the late 70s or very early 80s before their reunion.
If anyone remembers and knows of it; would love to hear from.
Am fairly new to computers and the internet.
Don't know if this is a good idea, but don't know how you would
respond to me except to leave my e-mail address.
hallyhawk@hotmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCA0rUpYnQ

you might search youtube for another version without seeing phil...you can hear the whole song on that one...enjoy
Post 241 • IP   flag post
tezza private msg quote post Address this user
OUR THOUGHTS OF YOU BURN INTO OUR MEMORY'S IF THE WHEELS OF HEVEN EVER STOP TURNING AND THE OCEAN TIDE EVER STOOD STILL WE WILL NEVER STOP THINKING OF YOU PHIL.
Post 242 • IP   flag post
Franmoore private msg quote post Address this user
So very very sad to have lost Phil Everly. My heartfelt condolences to Phil's family, his brother and mother and extended family of course, a huge loss for them and to a lesser extent the millions of fans who valued and appreciated his contribution individually and together with his brother Don to modern music.
Truly unique and unsurpassable harmonies they gave to the music world, and within our sorrow of Phil's passing, we can be thankful that so much is recorded for posterity.
I hope that much of their music will be released in memory of Phil by the record companies in digital form so that we the public can enjoy the full range of the Everly Brothers varied musical talents. I also hope that Don Everly, will get the recognition so rightly deserved for his supreme musicianship and incredible vocal talents, now we have lost Phil.
Again condolences to the Everly family
Post 243 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm private msg quote post Address this user
@Franmoore so nice to hear from you again. yes we are still and will always miss Phil. I just hope Don has found peace, and someday , if he has not done yet, read all the kind and nice comments received in the past 6 months., from this site and even the other sites who have many members who love the Everly Brothers.
Post 244 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
rest in peace Phill you will be missed
peter
Post 245 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Back stage at The Mann Music center in Philadelphia one Summer Day long ago, while Don & Phil were waiting to go on stage, I quietly mentioned old cars to Phil and he turned and smiled and starting talking....gracious, kind, interested in what I was saying, polite,....i couldn't get over it...he was a gentleman, indeed! What a great neighborhood teen friend to have grown up with. His harmony was absolutely crucial and critical to that heavenly Everly Brothers 'sound.' Don also signed autographs that summer afternoon long ago in West Philadelphia. Nice smile, also. Those were the days, alright.

So, maybe I'll see ya' again someday in the future, somewhere, some place. Thank you, Phil.

Happy New Year to one and all, even though I am nervous about what 2017 might be like.
Post 246 • IP   flag post
Helena private msg quote post Address this user
I think of Phil and Don every day and their wonderful concerts on the many times they came to England. I listen and watch them every day on U Tube singing All I have to do is dream and Cathys Clown. Over 8 million hits. What handsome young men they were. They don't make them like that any more.
Post 247 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
REST IN PEACE PHIL AND TO THE FAMILY VERY SORRY
PETER
Post 248 • IP   flag post
44645 249 23
destitute