The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

SITE BACK BY POPULAR REQUEST!3088

fmindstream private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I concur with everlyones sentiments on this cool site and hope we can all stay together in honoring the legendary Everly Brothers no matter what we call "official" The real deal is that we are loyal fans of Phil and Don and always will be. No need to nitpick. Here we have made new friends too and that is super. I am still planning on airing a two hour EB Special sometime this summer but need your support. I wish to thanks those who voted in the positive in a previous post but need more of you to do the same. I need to know how many of you would like to hear this EB Special before I schedule it so please vote here on the forums. I thank you very much. Foreverly, Rich WHRW-FM 90.5 www.whrwfm.org
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Tree private msg quote post Address this user
It is utterly ridiculous to have to clarify this, indeed.

On with memories and friendships.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
FM: Would you like us to post a "sticky" poll up for folks to vote and to make them aware of show? I'm certain no one would answer "no", however.

Let us know of day and time of the 2-hour show and will post as a top/administrator thread.

-Tree
Post 28 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Luke. Please question what that person writes. Martial did indeed start off being one of the Everly's biggest fan but from what I know, his Everly merchandising business (endorsed at first by Don and Phil) seemed to end most of that. However, nothing is ever as it first appears and the last 8 months have shown that vividly to me.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Anything I know about Martial Bekkers I have learned from Edan, so I have no idea what the case is. So I'm staying out of that one entirely. :X

-Tree (Doesn't speak on things she knows not of or on third party hearsay.)
Post 30 • IP   flag post

luke private msg quote post Address this user
That is the way to do it, Tree, if you ask me.

I see the dirty laundry meanwhile got much longer so I read it once more.

I agree, ridiculous. It's quite open and honest the way you put it.
Websites and groups on internet should of course be there for the fans, not for the family or artists first and foremost.

A subscription site to charge people, that does not have a snowball's chance in hell. How many people does he think will join? Maybe 20? Peanuts. Very tasteless to see brother fight his sister to make some money but it fits in my picture.

And to not want to pay a $20/month fee says enough. I mean, that is a very low fee for the service you get.

Wow, thousands of visitors is a lot. That is very good.
Their subscription/paid only is a dumb format, believe me, never gonna work.

I see that story about a guy in The Netherlands selling
pirated material and worse all over. I wonder what that is about. Looks to me like a batch of collected hate mail that all people who like to gossip just copy and share.... out to destroy somebody. Has anybody ever met him? Spoken to him? Sued him? The letter I read cannot be true, that is a collection of lies, anybody can look through that one. Saw somebody already reacting saying it is bogus.

Anyway, gotta go.

Thanks much.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
That my friend is the best idea and the best advice you can have. So many Everly fan clubs/site have gone down the pan; not because of the fans but because of the leadership thinking they know best.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Agreed. The FANS should run the site. It is for and about the fans. Not about $ or politics or anything else.

-Tree
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Tree, it was so wonderful to visit here with friends like Billie and the gang. It is my sincere wish that, all that can, return here and make this a happy oasis again. Thanks for giving us that life-line
Post 34 • IP   flag post
My pleasure, Mike. It was wonderful to meet all of you, and Billie several times.

What it's all about: (Image in center of you all giving Billie a big support hug!)

--Mail received after the Nashville show from Billie's daughter (and yourself and others).

Post 35 • IP   flag post
A wonderful time, thanks mainly to Billie and you, Tree.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
So glad we pulled it together at the end, especially for our beloved Billie.
Post 37 • IP   flag post

Post 38 • IP   flag post
fmindstream private msg quote post Address this user
FOREVERLY FOR THE FANS !!! FOREVERLY OURS !!!
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Admin private msg quote post Address this user
@Collibosher: Absolutely to the first two paragraphs. There *NO* official site at this moment. Our OLD site that we had up for several years was endorsed by Phil. New site is endorsed by no one that HAS the right to declare it "official" anything.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Phil's welcome video to our site, legitimizing THIS site as the only such "official". Have all original emails to us with video, and of course their participation in OUR family production/ show just before Phil's passing:
http://vimeo.com/27842484

As you all know this video was our landing page video to the site since its launch.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
43786 41 16
destitute