The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

SITE BACK BY POPULAR REQUEST!3088

Tree private msg quote post Address this user

Hello all and welcome back!

As most of you know, upon the passing of Phil Everly the site that we founded, "The Official Everly Brothers' Family Fansite", was purchased by *Erin Everly (and Erin alone - in the event there is any misunderstanding), and the new webmaster decided not to utilize our design or continue these forums on the new site, although they were offered to him.

We received many, many e-mails regarding change of site and loss of this marvelous forum that Ninja Post's Mike Wilt and Turning Point provided within site that current webmaster chose to discontinue.

So upon consulting with the folks that brought you the official site, we decided to bring it back for you to utilize.

Thankfully, NinjaPost was able to restore all of our old photos and discussions and Scott Schultz of Schultz Media redesigned the site as a fan-only / non-official site at his own expense. (Thus we invited Schultz Media to now include a "donation" button on new design.)

Phil's welcome video to our site, legitimizing THIS site as the only such "official". Have all original emails to us with video, and of course their participation in OUR family production/ show just before Phil's passing:
http://vimeo.com/27842484

As you all know this video was our landing page video to the site since its launch.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm private msg quote post Address this user
THANK YOU TREE, MIKEW AND SCOTT----
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Thank YOU, Rosie!! :0)

~Tree
Post 3 • IP   flag post
marib1940 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Tree, Mike, and Scott, for your diligence and help in getting the site back up and running. We did very much miss it.

Thanks so very much.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
♡♡♡♡♡
Post 5 • IP   flag post
lalopz private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Tree. We all missed it!!! You rock!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
billmurray private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Tree,
I have just discovered that the site is back on line. Thank you for that, good to see the familiar logos. I just decided to click onto the bar where the site used to be. What a pleasant surprise.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
BILL! What kept yer? Did you drive up the wrong side of the road again
Post 8 • IP   flag post
billmurray private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Mike, I am good at that.LOL
Post 9 • IP   flag post
firstrebel private msg quote post Address this user
Just clicked on my saved link to see if the site was back, and so please it is. Thank you.

Bob
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Love the new site intro! VERY Respectfully done!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Aspire private msg quote post Address this user
I am so happy to connect again, however I do not live in the States but in the Netherlands I feel connected to this great Everly family. It's so beautifull to connect people who love the same and love with me, for ever. Thank you very much Karin
Post 12 • IP   flag post
fmindstream private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the Everly site and for keeping the flame lit, Tree. We all will help to do the same. I'm sure Phil would be pleased. It's really tough losing Phil and my deepest sympathy goes out to Phil's family and close friends. Thanks, Don for keeping the faith and the music as fresh today as it was back in the early days. Our loss is only corporeal as all human deaths are. The Everly Brothers songs will endure forever as long as we have ears to hear with and hearts to love with. Blessings all around and Peace. Richard (VA) WHRW-FM 90.5
Post 13 • IP   flag post
flkevin private msg quote post Address this user
thank you Tree, and the other for bringing the site back.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Thanks you guys. Means a lot!

<3

-Tree
Post 15 • IP   flag post
megancat private msg quote post Address this user
Another thanks for this site and for bringing it back. I became truly aware of the EBs only about 6 months ago and from that time forward spent much of my spare time obsessively discovering
their lesser known work, history, etc. And of course while doing so
came across this site. Also extending thanks to stalwarts such as rosiebarm, mefloody, and others for their posts
and to chu/crestviewmaiden for her videos.
Above all, condolences to the Everly family and close friends at this very sad time. Rest in peace, Phil - a prince among men.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Roy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you guys for coming back again !!
You all doing a great job here
I am sure The Everly Family does not want also you to go !
I hope there will come a good agreement for all who are involved by this wonderful Everly Brothers site
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Hi all!

Welcome/ re-launch letter going out to the HUNDREDS of old forum members this week, inviting them back, making them aware of this forum's return as a fan site this time rather than an "official" site.

Thanks for your patience!!

~Tree
Post 18 • IP   flag post
The ONLY site I can find Blogs and things second time around (Y)
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Long time no chat, Mike!

This forum is set up to store all data, so you should be able to search for any and all old posts, as ever. Luckily, Mike Wilt had the foresight to hold onto all the old files so we didn't lose anything!

~Tree
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Keep up the great work guys and gals and especially to all of you good folks who love the Everly Brothers and contribute to this forum. Without you the flame would extinguish. Makes it all worthwhile I know. Love and Peace Rich
Post 21 • IP   flag post
That's a real good question Luke. Using an analogy, a behind the scenes management break-up/squabble, kicked all us "worker's" out of the "works"; rumour and finger-pointing abounded. The work's manager wanted to put us all back to work, where we would be happy again but some of the Directors decided to take the old family business name and start a new. Leaving us poor dumb loyal workers wondering which job we should take and if we shouldn't just retire full stop.
Does that help
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Luke, its just like when you have friends or family that fallout or get divorced, some take sides but the wise ones keep both sides as a friend and don't let on to the other half about their continued friendship. I visit All the sites because I didn't and will not fallout with anyone
Post 23 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm private msg quote post Address this user
For what it is worth ----just thankful that someone is taking the time,expense and effort to keep this site going. give us a place to honor the brothers and to enjoy the music and the sharing of our thoughts. Friends were made here, and it gives us a place to meet new friends. Several other sites out there, and so, why all the squabble . The site is monitored and the reason for that is to try to keep it in a respectful site. It is monitored by a bunch that loves and honor the Everly /brothers also. So why worry , be happy , play the music, write those memories of Phil and Don, keep it clean, and enjoy. If you like it here, good, if not , well that is your choice. sometimes, we cant please everyone, BUT WE TRY so thanks to the supporters and thank the guys who keep it open for us fans.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Hi there. This site is a fan site only. No "official" in the title.

There is unfortunately NO "official" site run by the Everly Brothers at this point.

We are not "official". There is no official site. We are now completely unrelated. We will never be a subscription or for-profit site. We are here for fans to gather, only.

Again, this never has been and never will be a paid site nor sell pirated material like another site in the Netherlands, etc. We have only retained it as all the fans and friends we met loved it here and asked us to do so.

-Tree
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Yes, I concur with everlyones sentiments on this cool site and hope we can all stay together in honoring the legendary Everly Brothers no matter what we call "official" The real deal is that we are loyal fans of Phil and Don and always will be. No need to nitpick. Here we have made new friends too and that is super. I am still planning on airing a two hour EB Special sometime this summer but need your support. I wish to thanks those who voted in the positive in a previous post but need more of you to do the same. I need to know how many of you would like to hear this EB Special before I schedule it so please vote here on the forums. I thank you very much. Foreverly, Rich WHRW-FM 90.5 www.whrwfm.org
Post 26 • IP   flag post
It is utterly ridiculous to have to clarify this, indeed.

On with memories and friendships.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
FM: Would you like us to post a "sticky" poll up for folks to vote and to make them aware of show? I'm certain no one would answer "no", however.

Let us know of day and time of the 2-hour show and will post as a top/administrator thread.

-Tree
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Luke. Please question what that person writes. Martial did indeed start off being one of the Everly's biggest fan but from what I know, his Everly merchandising business (endorsed at first by Don and Phil) seemed to end most of that. However, nothing is ever as it first appears and the last 8 months have shown that vividly to me.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Anything I know about Martial Bekkers I have learned from Edan, so I have no idea what the case is. So I'm staying out of that one entirely. :X

-Tree (Doesn't speak on things she knows not of or on third party hearsay.)
Post 30 • IP   flag post
44645 41 30
destitute